Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If it’s true Howe’s holding out for a South coast job, could we at least not give him the Brighton game then get someone in over the international break if we need more time?

In a word No.

Just now, Gaztoon said:

If a leak as made him change his mind .. then I'm not sure his heart was fully into it.

Leaks happen all the time

Yeah, if that is all true then we may be dodging a bullet.

Really need to get in someone that is truly excited about the project. It's part of why I liked the Fonz, as it seemed like he was thrilled about the prospect of taking charge.

On the other hand this is all something that should be easy to sort out in further discussions and so we'll find out for certain at some point today if this is going ahead or not.

Still think we'll get him, but maybe not for Saturday. PIF will pay what is necessary. The leaks are annoying but we don't know for certain if they came directly from the consortium so I think a bit unfair to judge them for that. The fact the process led to Emery being No.1 target shows they are on the right lines, or taking good advice. Not panicking yet.

1 minute ago, kisearch said:

I don't think you can possibly blame a manager in his position having reservations about coming into this situation like. 

Can blame him if he’s told us he wants the job to then massively backtrack 

Rather have AVB. Hopefully were looking elsewhere already if this is how he likes to play games. He is as well with his flip flop comments before and after the game. He's shown himself up to both his current and potential employers.

I know people keep saying trust the process, and this isn't me being negative, but if Emery does fall through, do people not find it odd that plan A (Emery) is the polar opposite to plan B (Howe)?

They have completely different footballing philosophies so it seems strange they'd be the final 2.

Just now, PlymouthGeordie said:

I know people keep saying trust the process, and this isn't me being negative, but if Emery does fall through, do people not find it odd that plan A (Emery) is the polar opposite to plan B (Howe)?

They have completely different footballing philosophies so it seems strange they'd be the final 2.

Yes. Huge concern for me. I don't know what they see in Howe as a manager but also as a piece of the jigsaw with a Dof and or SD.

Meh. Not gunna get worked up but my enthusiasm is completely gone now. Struggling to be interested in following this anymore. Waiting 2-3 weeks saying how forensic and measured your process is, to blunder like that when you do move, is horrendous.

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

Meh. Not gunna get worked up but my enthusiasm is completely gone now. Struggling to be interested in following this anymore. Waiting 2-3 weeks saying how forensic and measured your process is, to blunder like that when you do move, is horrendous.

If the leak has blown it, it was dead anyway! 

It seems we've doubled down, he's our number one target still. If that's the case they've obviously had some encouragement.

What this does show though, is how important it us that we get the key appointments correct within the operation. The consortium obviously have a lot of ambition, but they need people with the experience of running a football club.

It's a shame we aren't in better to shape to buy them more time really.

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

My enthusiasm isn't gone, still hugely exciting times and they are learning on the job so to speak.

But I do agree with the second part of your post, Mark Douglas did a piece yesterday where sources close to the owners said fans will be pleased with the appointment and it'll be worth the wait. I wouldn't put Howe in to that category personally.

It could still end up being Emery though, really big 24-48 hours coming up.

Seems like the mistake here has been not making an official approach in the first place?
If they decided that Emery was the one, they should have went to Villareal and matched his release clause.

Now we're being made out to look like fools. (Not that Emery himself has covered himself in glory so far with his comments).

It's all a bit mishmash atm unfortunately. Hopefully we'll get it done though.