Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Binge watched a lot of interviews and features on Eddie last night. Such a cool guy.. would be amazing if he's a success here. 

Don't care if he plays Shelvey or Hendrick - I'm 1000% behind him. I'm sure he'll get all the support and love from the stands too. Finally we're UNITED! 

10 minutes ago, gavro44 said:

Hi All - I'm in Australia, been a big toon fan for years even went to a pre-season friendly at Darlington with the yellow away strips (you have beer in plastic bottles?). I'm married to a Consett lass :)

Anyway I completely agree, the UK do trade with the Saudi's; these guys are just in it for the clicks/likes so they can proffer a moralistic high ground.

Apologies, mate.

6 minutes ago, junkhead said:

Binge watched a lot of interviews and features on Eddie last night. Such a cool guy.. would be amazing if he's a success here. 

Don't care if he plays Shelvey or Hendrick - I'm 1000% behind him. I'm sure he'll get all the support and love from the stands too. Finally we're UNITED! 

Yeah I've watched loads in last 48 hours. He's incredibly calm and clearly very motivated. Good communicator. Seems to have a huge "attack is best form of defense" attitude to football, and huge believer in making sure the whole squad and every bit of it is pulling in right direction. Very impressed by him and his work ethic. Almost obsessive for success and detail. 

17 minutes ago, gavro44 said:

Do I win the internet with that?

Maybe if you explain what it is, you might have a chance. I'm not here for a game of "give us a fucking clue". :lol:

Edited by Chris_R

24 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

I remember that game well. The one and only time I took my stepson to the match. 

Me too. I took my grandad to that game- we only went to two games together, that one and one at St James’

31 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Maybe if you explain what it is, you might have a chance. I'm not here for a game of "give us a fucking clue". :lol:

He does a few posts earlier. Darlo friendly. Sammy scores, people on pitch.

I’m hearing they are having an all-day session today and the academy staff and scouts are lined up for some face time with Howe and his team in the coming days.

12 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’m hearing they are having an all-day session today and the academy staff and scouts are lined up for some face time with Howe and his team in the coming days.

This won't catch on, sounds almost like we're functioning like a proper football club.

tumblr_ltkzqlSVmc1qeg7t4o1_500.png&f=1&n

(For no particular reason) quotes from a couple of years ago today following us beating Bournemouth, in a match I have absolutely zero recollection of whatsoever:

Eddie Howe said: 

"We started the game so well. We created a number of chances and we looked in a really good place. We scored a good goal but then we made some uncharacteristic errors and just gave Newcastle the encouragement they needed to get back into the match.

"We made some uncharacteristic mistakes with the ball in a time when we were dominating the game and when you give Newcastle transitions with the attacking players that they have, with the pace they have in their team, that is a dangerous thing to do and from that point it just gave them confidence that got the crowd into the game.

"I think that is a huge frustration from our perspective because we were dominant for that opening spell of the half and really we should have been looking to try and get that second goal that maybe we needed.

"I thought Josh (King) had got a really good chance to score there and unfortunately it goes the wrong side of the post."

On Bournemouth's opening goal:

"I have to give (Assistant Coach) Jason Tindall a lot of credit for the work he does with set plays, the players and the routines we have. 

"We have always prided ourselves on being innovative from those positions and it was really, really well planned but brilliantly executed by the players and a great finish from Harry (Wilson).”

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

(For no particular reason) quotes from a couple of years ago today following us beating Bournemouth, in a match I have absolutely zero recollection of whatsoever:

Eddie Howe said: 

"We started the game so well. We created a number of chances and we looked in a really good place. We scored a good goal but then we made some uncharacteristic errors and just gave Newcastle the encouragement they needed to get back into the match.

"We made some uncharacteristic mistakes with the ball in a time when we were dominating the game and when you give Newcastle transitions with the attacking players that they have, with the pace they have in their team, that is a dangerous thing to do and from that point it just gave them confidence that got the crowd into the game.

"I think that is a huge frustration from our perspective because we were dominant for that opening spell of the half and really we should have been looking to try and get that second goal that maybe we needed.

"I thought Josh (King) had got a really good chance to score there and unfortunately it goes the wrong side of the post."

"I have to give (Assistant Coach) Jason Tindall a lot of credit for the work he does with set plays, the players and the routines we have. 

"We have always prided ourselves on being innovative from those positions and it was really, really well planned but brilliantly executed by the players and a great finish from Harry (Wilson).”

Did he then threaten to slap the interviewer? If he didn't then I don't think he's cut out for this job. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Eddie Howe said: 

:love:

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Eddie Howe said: 

This is the kind of sensible break down we can look forward to hearing after games, instead of how they need more time, or how Rafa brainwashed the team into playing one way, or how the crowd made the team get carried away, or how sleeves need rolling up and selves need dusting down etc.

13 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Eddie Howe said: 

Bruce's first season I think, came back from 0-1 down to beat them 2-1. Yedlin and Clark.