Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Still not 100% convinced by his appointment but I'm optimistic having seen more about his tactics and methodology, especially good seeing his drive to further his own development after he left Bournemouth.

Just quite good to have a manager who might take the job seriously.

Eddie Howe or Rafa Benitez?

From The Athletic:

At Bournemouth, Howe was a manager in every sense of the word, eager to know what was happening in every department. As a coach, he was holistic, known for leaving no stone unturned. He was a renowned workaholic and was always first in and last to leave both the training ground and the training field too, just in case any player wanted to work on an aspect of their game individually.

He would arrive at 6:30am, pore over clips from matches and previous training sessions, as well as analytics, to provide feedback to his players. He personally edited and compiled video packages for individual players. He would make new notes, to develop the next round of team sessions as well as one-to-one engagements. These would be catalogued in colour-coded diaries, preserving his bibliography of different training sessions. He once said he would be “heartbroken” to lose those notebooks.

Edited by Danh1

5 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Eddie Howe or Rafa Benitez?

At Bournemouth, Howe was a manager in every sense of the word, eager to know what was happening in every department. As a coach, he was holistic, known for leaving no stone unturned. He was a renowned workaholic and was always first in and last to leave both the training ground and the training field too, just in case any player wanted to work on an aspect of their game individually.

He would arrive at 6:30am, pore over clips from matches and previous training sessions, as well as analytics, to provide feedback to his players. He personally edited and compiled video packages for individual players. He would make new notes, to develop the next round of team sessions as well as one-to-one engagements. These would be catalogued in colour-coded diaries, preserving his bibliography of different training sessions. He once said he would be “heartbroken” to lose those notebooks.

Compare this to Bruce’s heart break at loosing his vast collection of take away menus!

52 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Gayle

Big Jow

Longstaff

Hendrick

Shelvey

Fraser

Kraft

Clark

Dummett

Ritchie

Darlow

——

Buzzin’ for his first team.

Don’t mind that - as a reserves lineup. At most one or two who will be in the first team come Christmas.

It seems like you’ve done what I do in FM pre-season games - remove the best XI and play the next XI

5 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

I'm just pleased to have a manager who doesn't make me want to cry/vomit/rage to be honest. Hope it works out for us and him.

Pretty much.

Obviously I would've loved Conte or Emery, but he isn't a shit manager - the worst case scenario I see with him is he get's given the war chest and guides us to a 7th place battle within 2 seasons before getting turfed as at that point the elite managers will have a good base to build on rather than being thrown into a relegation battle with Matt Ritchie as their left back.

Edited by Pandamninator

55 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Fair enough he improved mediocre midfielders. Wish he had done same with his defenders.

I have no doubt Hayden will do a Diame on us under Howe - he’s a player crying out for instruction and direction.

On the subject of Diame, I think the team is crying out for a front pressing #10. Under Rafa we had a fantastic combination of Ayoze against weaker teams and Diame against the strong ones. Ayoze led the league by miles in pressing stats for a forward when we sold him, and I would even be tempted to buy him back if possible. Leicester have a brilliant door-opener in Madison and maybe no need for a front pressing forward (the "Dirk Kuyt" role), but teams in the bottom half do.  

We have sat back with no press under Bruce, but if we could defend from the front with Almiron or Willock at #10, that would really toughen up the spine. fwiw, Joe Willock is slightly taller than DIame and only 5kg lighter. He's a big lad and that's partly why he headed in those corners.

I think Hayden is a usable DM. For all his diving in, he rarely gets sent off, and just needs team mates available to receive the ball when he's on it.

Would absolutely have Ayoze back, can’t see it though.

For all the shit our midfield (deservedly) gets, there’s enough ability between Hayden, Willock and Longstaff to make a decent midfield. Centre half and fullbacks have to be bigger priorities.

I know Longstaff has been written off by many, but he went from an emerging talent being micromanaged by a genius, to one expected to start and completely unmanaged by an oaf.

Im certain Hayden will improve under Howe, and I’m hopeful Longstaff can too.

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

One more hit for those getting tremors and sweats awaiting the inevitable NUFCtv interviews tomorrow..

Howe on mental health in football and his career as a player/manager. Good watch.

I've done an audio-fixed version of this as it was maddening that the interviewer was nigh on inaudible. I don't know what to do with this fixed version though. Don't think YouTube will let me post it due to copyright