Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, manorpark said:

I still can't believe we actually appointed Joe Kinnear!!

I know, we all lived through it so I know it happened, but really I still think I will wake up . . . :mackems:

I remember telling a friend in passing in the street when the news broke. He literally just stumbled away pissing himself stunned, after at first not believing me and having to assert it was fact. Insane appointment.

Even until a few years ago I still thought a David O'Leary to us under Ashley could still be possible. That's the level of bat shit crazy appointments we were capable of.

What media stuff is anyone expecting from Howe today? All I give a damn about is him sorting shit out at the club. I don't expect a running commentary on his first day of what he's up to like it's a reality TV show :lol:

19 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

I voted 9.  I think it's interesting that he signed for 2-1/2 instead of 3-1/2 years.  Certainly he could have held out for that for he and his staff.  I know, I'm inferring a lot here but I would not be surprised if Howe has so much confidence in himself that he sees himself here for longer than that.  We know what we see with our own eyes: a club that has been severely under coached and under trained.  Howe is the antithesis of Bruce and I think results will show almost immediately.

Is he the long term answer?  Only time will tell but I think he is a definite short term answer.

I think it’s a sensible term of contract for both parties and I’m sure there is wriggle room for extra years or maybe even a cut off point, this is unchartered waters for both sides, although Howe has sailed these seas before at Bournemouth. It’s a huge job no matter how it’s spun, for him and the club. Together, hopefully, they will get us going in the right direction and towards a level of somekind of success for us. 

Edited by HTT II

4 minutes ago, hakka said:

What media stuff is anyone expecting from Howe today? All I give a damn about is him sorting shit out at the club. I don't expect a running commentary on his first day of what he's up to like it's a reality TV show :lol:

I think we're all just desperate to hear nice things after over a decade of silence, incompetence and the club treating us with utter contempt.

Now that's gone, we're now desperate for even a single word from them.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

I think we're all just desperate to hear nice things after over a decade of silence, incompetence and the club treating us with utter contempt.

giphy.gif

🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

giphy.gif

;D👍🏻

I wanted the full thing really, but could only find it in parts. Here's the other 2....

21PqmadRMJHo.gif

5v8usEWaEfKN.gif

But honestly I think that's what we're all like now, desperate for anything at all from the club after the last 14 years.

3 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I wanted the full thing really, but could only find it in parts. Here's the other 2....

21PqmadRMJHo.gif

5v8usEWaEfKN.gif

But honestly I think that's what we're all like now, desperate for anything at all from the club after the last 14 years.

Yep. Inject that shit into my veins 😆

32 minutes ago, manorpark said:

I still can't believe we actually appointed Joe Kinnear!!

I know, we all lived through it so I know it happened, but really I still think I will wake up . . . :mackems:

I actually can't remember him coming back as a Dof or something. Must have mentally blocked it out and saving it for therapy. 

39 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

How times have changed since Joe Kinnear called Simon Bird a cunt within a week of being appointed. 

He hasn't done a press conference yet, give him time.

Just now, Ben said:

I bet the players are thinking "what the fuck is that round thing he's holding, we were always told to stay well clear of those things"

Someone'll probably snatch it off him and frantically kick it into a bush thinking they're saving his life because it's about to explode.

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Best bit are the replies from everyone asking for photos of Shelvey chucking his guts up :lol:

Shelvey will outlast them all. Will be playing well into his 40's with the lack of wear and tear and how he has protected his body in games 😉

1 minute ago, Ben said:

I bet the players are thinking "what the fuck is that round thing he's holding, we were always told to stay well clear of those things"

The first photo of Eddie pointing...

"Right lads, that's called the opposition half. I know most of you have never been there or some might have accidentally ended up there, so this is where we will begin our training"

2 minutes ago, hakka said:

The first photo of Eddie pointing...

"Right lads, that's called the opposition half. I know most of you have never been there or some might have accidentally ended up there, so this is where we will begin our training"

It'll be like a fucking expedition into the Amazon rainforest for half of them.