Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

He's got two years left.

Whilst you mention contracts, it’s another thing the owners have got bang on since they arrived. I thought the length they gave Howe at first was ideal, and that all the signings have followed suit. The bigger contracts have gone to Bruno and Botman, whereas Burn got a 2.5 year deal. No longer burdening ourselves with long contracts for older players.

Edited by SUPERTOON

9 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

My biggest worry is that England have a piss poor World Cup, Southgate leaves, we have an outstanding season and Howe gets a call from the FA.

I think in that scenario, off the back of an outstanding season, with what the club is building, I don't think Howe would want to leave. Even for the England job.

Edited by ads

10 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

My biggest worry is that England have a piss poor World Cup, Southgate leaves, we have an outstanding season and Howe gets a call from the FA.

I think they will consider him if Southgate should be dismissed, but at this stage of Howe's career, I don't think he would go for the England job. He appears to relish the day to day of being a club manager.

8 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

He’ll be there or thereabouts for England when Southgate leaves, as he was in the running last time and was nearly offered it before Southgate according to Howard Wilkinson. Howe has always said he’d be interested and that it would be his ultimate job, but I think he’d want to get it in later years. He’s very loyal and I couldn’t see him turning his back on Staveley etc unless they also wanted rid, in which case he’d be doing a bad job with us anyway.  

whilst with Bournemouth, Howe said: 

“They (the Football Association) haven't come to me and my message is very similar. I am committed here, I love the job and I have a lot more to do here," Howe said.

"I think I have said in many interviews that the England job is the ultimate job.

"I have signed players very recently and I am committed to them, I have a future to them, the rest of the season.

"It's all hypothetical of course but I could not turn my back on this club. I want to show loyalty to the people who have employed me, the same loyalty that they showed me.

"My aims are to move this club forward, to try and lead this club up in the Premier League this season and that is my only thought.

"It sounds arrogant but I am not interested in the (England) job now, but you never know what will happen in the future".

Just now, Ste said:

I think they will consider him if Southgate should be dismissed, but at this stage of Howe's career, I don't think he would go for the England job. He appears to relish the day to day of being a club manager.

I think the England setup and St George's Park is a lot more like a club these days compared to when Keegan was struggling to know what to do 40 weeks of the year. But yeah, it might not be enough for Howe still. 

Hopefully they'll just promote Carsley. :lol:

Guest HTT II
9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I love Howe like, I just hope that when he was doing his homework when he was out of the game, it included how to win cup games, because his record is terrible. :lol:

He’s at the right club then, so is ours!

4 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah enjoyed listening to him speak as always. The novelty of him being everything Bruce isn't still hasn't worn off. 

I don't really understand the references he's made to us having a small squad. As far as I see it we've still got like five to ship out if we're to comply with the 25-man limit. 

It's chalk and cheese.

Howe works his bollocks off 25/8 and has the air of somebody that does nothing all day. Bruce does fuck all and sounds like he's in the last straight of his third marathon of the day.

2 hours ago, Manxst said:

He’ll be there or thereabouts for England when Southgate leaves, as he was in the running last time and was nearly offered it before Southgate according to Howard Wilkinson. Howe has always said he’d be interested and that it would be his ultimate job, but I think he’d want to get it in later years. He’s very loyal and I couldn’t see him turning his back on Staveley etc unless they also wanted rid, in which case he’d be doing a bad job with us anyway.  

whilst with Bournemouth, Howe said: 

“They (the Football Association) haven't come to me and my message is very similar. I am committed here, I love the job and I have a lot more to do here," Howe said.

"I think I have said in many interviews that the England job is the ultimate job.

"I have signed players very recently and I am committed to them, I have a future to them, the rest of the season.

"It's all hypothetical of course but I could not turn my back on this club. I want to show loyalty to the people who have employed me, the same loyalty that they showed me.

"My aims are to move this club forward, to try and lead this club up in the Premier League this season and that is my only thought.

"It sounds arrogant but I am not interested in the (England) job now, but you never know what will happen in the future".

A couple of times he implies his loyalty is to the end of the season. 

7 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

A couple of times he implies his loyalty is to the end of the season. 

Because the season had just started, he’d just signed players, and that’s what the majority of people would say? I personally don’t think that the quotes imply his loyalty is only until the season end. Think you need to change back to sadness again.

Guest HTT II

I think this will be Southgate’s last gig with England personally, regardless of how bad or well we do. Howe will always be in the running.