Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Tell you what, I feel embarrassed for being a tad underwhelmed at his appointment after Emery fell through.

He’s class, and a class person. 

No need to be, I wanted Emery badly, he was my number 1 choice and I’ve rated Howe highly for a number of years and was still happy that he joined us, but like you underwhelmed because I had pinned my hopes on Emery.

Edited by HTT II

I knew he was good but I was worried about the organising a defence cliché. But turns out the bloke was bloody travelling Europe and studying Diego Simeone.

Absolutely incredible workrate, great man and has done an amazing job. Get in Eddie.  

56 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Because the season had just started, he’d just signed players, and that’s what the majority of people would say? I personally don’t think that the quotes imply his loyalty is only until the season end. Think you need to change back to sadness again.

Precisely. it's nothing to get your panties in a twist about, like. I'm just pointing that out. If the England job became available next summer, would he consider it. I think, and hope, not. But It can't be dismissed.

EDIT just noticed the thread title. Didn't realise he'd signed a new deal.

Great news.

Edited by Happinesstan

I'd imagine it'll run 'til at least 2026 or maybe a year later? The actual length of it isn't that important though tbh, it's the fact he's committed his future to the club on the eve of the season. It's also a sign that the stuff going on behind the scenes is clear and organised and putting the structures in place that we need are happening, people just need to be a bit patient, it'll come.