Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

There was a few times last year where we got shafted by referee's and he rightly had a moan, but I can't ever remember him blaming defeats of refereeing performances :lol: 

Some really great info in that interview.

And damn, I just love the way Eddie answers questions. So measured and thoughtful and professional. Especially when he talks about the transfer market.

Sounds like Miggy and Elliot have big parts to play this season which is great.

It also sounds like we're only really looking to bring in one more which will be an attacker that "can play in the front positions" but he wonderfully dodged the question about how "big" of a signing it'll be. :lol:

Edited by cubaricho

19 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Some really great info in that interview.

And damn, I just love the way Eddie answers questions. So measured and thoughtful and professional. Especially when he talks about the transfer market.

Sounds like Miggy and Elliot have big parts to play this season which is great.

It also sounds like we're only really looking to bring in one more which will be an attacker that "can play in the front positions" but he wonderfully dodged the question about how "big" of a signing it'll be. :lol:

i thought he stopped short of saying we are after a couple, but could just be how I interpreted it. Assuming he didn’t want to get peoples hopes up. But we’ll see. 

Potentially interesting body language when asked about adding an attacker. 

Good interview. He always comes across as respectful and as a coach that is both a teacher and a student of the game still. 

Edited by Ste

Yeah enjoyed listening to him speak as always. The novelty of him being everything Bruce isn't still hasn't worn off. 

I don't really understand the references he's made to us having a small squad. As far as I see it we've still got like five to ship out if we're to comply with the 25-man limit. 

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah enjoyed listening to him speak as always. The novelty of him being everything Bruce isn't still hasn't worn off. 

I don't really understand the references he's made to us having a small squad. As far as I see it we've still got like five to ship out if we're to comply with the 25-man limit. 

I can only assume he's referring to our relative lack of capable youngsters who don't need to be registered. 

18 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Chelsea and Man City are the only ones that spring to mind. Two staggering non-pens. 

That Man City one still confuses me. More so that people are adamant that there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. 

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I wonder what the crack is with his contract. Will they assess how we start the season before opening negotiations with him?

Reckon quite alot will happen when the window closes. Howe and a couple of players will get new deals IMO.

3 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

I still feel like we lucked out with this guy.

When it looked like we had decided on him...I was admittedly slightly disappointed, because I really didn't know a massive amount about him. But he quickly made it apparent he's the best man for the job. Like, one game :lol: 

I have no doubt he's going to cement himself into the positive history books of the club. 

It was one training session, never mind a game!

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I wonder what the crack is with his contract. Will they assess how we start the season before opening negotiations with him?

When does it currently run out? 

5 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

It was one training session, never mind a game!

It was just the phrase "You're standing still, standing still is no good, you have to move" :lol: