Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, LV said:

Man if they got some of the players from the Keegan years to come in and talk about what it was like, that would be amazing. Next level if they got Keegan himself to come in and do it too 

:megusta:

Possibly already have. John Beresford works for the club on the hosting side and he done an interview for the Athletic/Pod on the Tyne about those times.

Dear god, this bloke. Could we have got a better fit for the club at this stage.
He has such great ideas. Maybe it's bias but remembering some of the things OGS tried at Man Utd (if they were to be believed), he was trying too hard to tap into the Fergie era Man Utd but it feels like Howe is going about it an an intelligent and measured way.

So happy to be a supporter of this club right now.

All the names banded about last Christmas, big names too and Howe was sat in the small print, nobody can say he was their first choice, for me it was an underwhelming appointment. Hindsight is 20/20 and I wouldn't take a single name on that list ahead of him, not just for the fact of what he has already done and continues to do but that he just gets it, he's our glass slipper.

He still has much to prove in the long term, but he keeps coming out on top, he has struck the balance perfectly so far, the fitness, the tactics, the defence, he's not let us down once. He thoroughly deserves this and I hope he gets the benefit of the doubt if the going gets tough at any time for us.

5 hours ago, Mattoon said:

All the names banded about last Christmas, big names too and Howe was sat in the small print, nobody can say he was their first choice, for me it was an underwhelming appointment. Hindsight is 20/20 and I wouldn't take a single name on that list ahead of him, not just for the fact of what he has already done and continues to do but that he just gets it, he's our glass slipper.

He still has much to prove in the long term, but he keeps coming out on top, he has struck the balance perfectly so far, the fitness, the tactics, the defence, he's not let us down once. He thoroughly deserves this and I hope he gets the benefit of the doubt if the going gets tough at any time for us.

He was my first choice!

9 hours ago, cubaricho said:

This alone, man. Damn. :lol: 

image.thumb.jpeg.6126fe1e24b6ee028ee85a7f38dccafd.jpeg

This is what annoyed the shite out of me with Pardew banging on about 'protecting the back 4' when it was plainly obvious that by doing so we were severely limiting ourselves in attack. Let the opposition worry about us, rather than us worrying about them. For years we just allowed teams to come to SJP and play their own game.

This era is sooooooo refreshing.