Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 hours ago, CPL said:

Hope Big Joe lays down a marker (the kind of tackle where you know you're going to get the ball but flatten the other guy) within the first 5minutes to let him know he's in for a rough 90mins and hyping up the crowd even more. 

If this is the only thing we take from this game, I'm fine with that.

Get him Big Joe!

Noticed this little tidbit on the Chronicle (so unsure how accurate it is) about the length of Howe's contract.

Newcastle did not announce the length of the deal only stating it was "long-term" but Chronicle Live understands the arrangement could well take the former AFC Bournemouth man "into his fifties" in the dugout at St James' Park if the club continue on the upward trajectory.

I think it's clear that the reason the amount of years on his contract has been kept secret is because its performance based. May well be 3 years, with another 3 if we are in Europe at the end of the first 3. Could be any number of scenarios.

Edited by STM

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Thanks, loved that. 

Aye, that was a good watch. I got emotional seeing him getting emotional himself when talking about his mam. My mam raised us 4 by herself and she’s not too good at the moment. She’s never liked football, couldn’t name a single player, but when I see her she will say I see the Toon are doing well, hopefully they will get 3 points next week  etc. I think the majority of the city is like that and always has been when it comes to Newcastle. Howe talks about the culture and respecting the past, hopefully we will be referring to his era as the best period of our supporting lives and not KK’s or Sir Bobby’s. We do need to be patient though!

Aye that was a particular highlight for me too, my mam loved the Toon :lol: lost her in 2009 so I can only imagine how happy she'd be with things at the moment.  She took me to my first match as although my dad supports them, loves to watch them, gets emotionally involved as the rest of us, for some reason he doesn't ever go over to SJP, he refuses free tickets etc.  Find it a bit wierd tbh ha each to their own though.

Eddie is just bringing all of the emotion back for the fans, obviously the consortium took the plunge with us but it's Eddie Howe who is bringing everything and everyone back together.  What a time to be a fan of NUFC :D

Edited by Wilson

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

Aye, that was a good watch. I got emotional seeing him getting emotional himself when talking about his mam. My mam raised us 4 by herself and she’s not too good at the moment. She’s never liked football, couldn’t name a single player, but when I see her she will say I see the Toon are doing well, hopefully they will get 3 points next week  etc. I think the majority of the city is like that and always has been when it comes to Newcastle. Howe talks about the culture and respecting the past, hopefully we will be referring to his era as the best period of our supporting lives and not KK’s or Sir Bobby’s. We do need to be patient though!

Its the Twitter knobheads who seem impatient, fuck them , I’ve got my pride back in the manager and the club , that’s all I wanted. EH is a wonderful manager and man. I’ve said it before , we are VERY lucky to have him .

i trust in him wholeheartedly.