Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

22 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think England would wait till next summer after the season finishes if they where to make a move tbh.

I still think it might end up being Steve Cooper. I don't think there's much of a chance Howe ends up being England manager.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I still think it might end up being Steve Cooper. I don't think there's much of a chance Howe ends up being England manager.

I don't think Howe would enjoy international management and I'm not sure how effective he would be as most of his work is done on the training pitch and a few weeks a year isn't enough.

Fantastic article, says we need to aspire to be like City and Liverpool basically and not worry about how the opposition play and to try and win every game we play.

18 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Steve Cooper, a Welsh man? Doubt it.

He’s managed England below the senior team at under 16 and under 17 level.

17 hours ago, chapdelaine said:

We are soooooo lucky emery turned us down,Eddie is made for this club.

I think Emery would have worked out well, he’s a top-class manager himself, but I think Howe is more all-rounded and has given us so much off the pitch as he has on it with his connection to the fans, the club’s history and how he handles the media and conducts himself in our image, which I don’t think Emery would have been able to do.

I can see England coming calling for Howe maybe after the WC, but I don’t think he’ll take it, one day he will no doubt have aspirations to manage his country, it’s still a huge job and a big draw in world football, it’s not a graveyard job or a job for managers looking to retire, it’s a young man’s gig now and he’d be foolish to think nah, it’s not for me. The talent already in the squad and the talent coming through is what any top coach wants to work with,  top players, to make them better and to win something with your country is the ultimate pinnacle for a manager or should be.

2 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Won the u17 World Cup with Foden and co

I watched that tournament, they were better than the senior team at the time, we beat Spain 5-2.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

I can see England coming calling for Howe maybe after the WC, but I don’t think he’ll take it, one day he will no doubt have aspirations to manage his country, it’s still a huge job and a big draw in world football, it’s not a graveyard job or a job for managers looking to retire, it’s a young man’s gig now and he’d be foolish to think nah, it’s not for me. The talent already in the squad and the talent coming through is what any top coach wants to work with,  top players, to make them better and to win something with your country is the ultimate pinnacle for a manager or should be.

He won't take it at this stage of his career.

He loves the day to day work too much, and is only just getting a chance at a club with huge potential and backing going forward.

Would be a crazy decision to leave that for the England gig, which isn't necessarily the most stable job either.

Just now, KaKa said:

He won't take it at this stage of his career.

He loves the day to day work too much, and is only just getting a chance at a club with huge potential and backing going forward.

Would be a crazy decision to leave that for the England gig, which isn't necessarily the most stable job either.

Oh aye,  he won’t take it now, but one day…

And I’d say it’s a stable job now these days. I think they will look to another English/British manager if and when Southgate leaves.

I can see them looking at Howe, Potter even eventually, regardless how he does at Chelsea, Parker, Lampard, Gerrard, Cooper and I can honestly see, if Southgate leaves after the WC, Rooney in charge.

15 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Oh aye,  he won’t take it now, but one day…

And I’d say it’s a stable job now these days. I think they will look to another English/British manager if and when Southgate leaves.

I can see them looking at Howe, Potter even eventually, regardless how he does at Chelsea, Parker, Lampard, Gerrard, Cooper and I can honestly see, if Southgate leaves after the WC, Rooney in charge.

I think the England job is only ever stable if the manager is doing well, which Southgate has been up until recently where it's looking a bit wobbly, and already people are ready to move on from him. Think it's a very shaky gig.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I think the England job is only ever stable if the manager is doing well, which Southgate has been up until recently where it's looking a bit wobbly, and already people are ready to move on from him. Think it's a very shaky gig.

To be fair, the manager of England tends to get at least one qualification process and then a tournament. They normally get at least 3-4 years which is a long time in football!

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

He’s managed England below the senior team at under 16 and under 17 level.

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Won the u17 World Cup with Foden and co

Fair enough. Just never thought England would want a Welsh manager.

7 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Fair enough. Just never thought England would want a Welsh manager.

They’ve had a a Swede, a Turnip, an Italian, a Wally so why not…

Bruce’s training regime: RUN

Followed by: 

See yous when I come back from Portugal, don’t work too hard, we have a game to lose soon!