Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Played "our game" today - tons of possession but ... absolutely no idea how to break them down.

Yes our lot is average and we miss Wilson and ASM, sure. But AFCB are no great shakes either and for me we had enough in the starting XI.

imo Eddie & co fumbled the bag a bit here. gotta prepare better against teams that will do this at home.

Just now, thomas said:

Played "our game" today - tons of possession but ... absolutely no idea how to break them down.

Yes our lot is average and we miss Wilson and ASM, sure. But AFCB are no great shakes either and for me we had enough in the starting XI.

imo Eddie & co fumbled the bag a bit here. gotta prepare better against teams that will do this at home.

How did we prepare just out of curiosity?

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

We just lack quality. The system is fine

Nail on the head. We're giving every team we've come up against a good go. No one has properly hamemred us including City and Liverpool. We've had some atrocious decisions lately and today we struggled to break down a team that camped for 90% of the game, hit the post twice and keeper pulls of two good saves and were getting comments like 'Hot under the ass’ :lol: Dear me.

4 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

We just lack quality. The system is fine

Think the system is fine with ASM running and cutting in. But when you replace him with Murphy, Fraser etc etc you need to consider, playing out and out wingers and mixing it up. go more direct. The pass to Miggy to then cut back to trippier to cross is a little predictable tbh. I'd like to see more variation, but then again we need more wingers and stop pay Bruno so deep.

Just now, Aiston said:

Can he stop subbing the shit trio of Wood, Longstaff and Murphy.

They offer absolutely fuck all.

who else is he going to bring on? We are in a transition of 14 years of shite and the squad is going to take a few years to clear the decks. He’s playing the cards he has. 

6 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Cheers for the insight, sounds exactly like Howe and his team. 

Sorry, I may have mis-read - was the original implication that because I'm not wheeling out a dressing room tactics board my criticism of our inability to break down bournemouth at home is unjust?

Edited by thomas

1 minute ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Think the system is fine with ASM running and cutting in. But when you replace him with Murphy, Fraser etc etc you need to consider, playing out and out wingers and mixing it up. go more direct. The pass to Miggy to then cut back to trippier to cross is a little predictable tbh. I'd like to see more variation, but then again we need more wingers and stop pay Bruno so deep.

Im not sure Fraser Almiron are much better than Tavernier/Billing/Solanke. Only thing I question Howe today is Botman, maybe sub Fraser earlier and getting Wood on earlier.

4 minutes ago, thomas said:

Sorry, I may have mis read - was the original implication that because I'm not wheeling out a dressing room tactics board, my criticism of our inability to break down bournemouth at home is unjust?

Tickled at that, even imagined the wheels squeaking :lol:

Edited by LionOfGosforth

I'm disappointed but i'm not on team #sackEddie or anything, not by a long shot. I simply feel we could have done better with what we had (the players) and when you feel that way you look at the lot setting up the players with a game plan and ask questions there.

The lack of creativity has been a theme so far this season. In terms of patterns of play and intelligent build-up in the final third, we have been found lacking. Too many balls put into the box in a 'playing the percentages' kind of way as opposed to genuine movement and fluidity up top. This is most apparent when we are facing compact teams defending deep, as we were today. 

That's partly a question of personnel, of course, but it's still noteworthy. Too early to be making any assessments beyond that, though. 

17 minutes ago, thomas said:

Lots of possession and shots (mostly long range and not dangerous) is a given when you play a team set up like they did today, Id imagine Eddie is frustrated as we are watching that 

8 minutes ago, thomas said:

Sorry, I may have mis-read - was the original implication that because I'm not wheeling out a dressing room tactics board my criticism of our inability to break down bournemouth at home is unjust?

No, your accusation was they hadn’t prepared well enough for the game

without having any knowledge of how they’ve prepared. Everything we learnt about him and his team is that they prepare immaculately, whether we have the quality to implement it is another thing but to accuse them of not preparing is pretty fucking ridiculous. 

All you Howe fanboys and girls need to calm down. Seriously, it's perfectly legit questioning our form. At the end of the day it's Howe's responsibility. 

He did some absolutely remarkable work last season, I'll admit to it. Is it wrong to expect him to continue that form? Is it wrong to have expectations after strengthening the squad? No!

VAR, injuries, added time, whatever... we haven't preformed well enough at all. 

The form we have been showing the last three matches does not make us challange for top 7.

I think How can do a much better job with Willock and Bruno. The first kept scoring like no other under Bruce, and Bruno was on fire last season. 

We haven't won since Nottingham Forrest. If we don't win any of our next five matches I think the fans will turn against him.