Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

14 hours ago, Rich said:

There’s already a stunning amount of complacency and entitlement in the stadium. Started creeping in at times last season once we looked safe, and today was probably the worst example of it. There has to be give and take, I understand that, but I’m already not enjoying going and we’re only a few games in. :lol:

Don’t think anything was helped by the enforced mourning, of course. Did we really have to only play somber/slow music pre-match and at half-time? Weirdest atmosphere I can recall during those periods because of that.

I genuinely think some people can't help it after years of being conditioned to be miserable. I was sat next to a lad at the Palace match who more or less spent the entirely match complaining about absolutely fucking everything. It's exhausting. :lol:

We’ve been very unfortunate not to have another 6/7 points at least, and have suffered from some appalling refereeing/VAR mistakes.

We’re not used to it but teams are now sitting deep and defending against us at home. Yesterday was frustrating, but a number of clubs are going to do similar this season. I’ve still the utmost faith in Howe. The squad isn’t where he wants it to be yet and it’ll take another couple of windows. Patience will be needed but we aren’t a million miles off in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

I genuinely think some people can't help it after years of being conditioned to be miserable. I was sat next to a lad at the Palace match who more or less spent the entirely match complaining about absolutely fucking everything. It's exhausting. :lol:

I had some bloke next to me v Palace who stated Botman, Isak were both shite and a waste of money😂 God only knows what we would’ve been like yesterday……unbearable 

We should probably have a few more points but Howe is still getting a tune out of some very mediocre players that make up the majority of our squad. Our performances in general have been good and yesterday is a learning curve for him because he, and ourselves, have not been used to teams coming and putting 10 men behind the ball but teams are going to start doing that now. That in itself is a sign of the massive progress Howe has made.

Itll take another 2 or so windows to change the squad into something better, something that will see through teams that come and park the bus. Remember we may have spent £200m but players that are bottom half of the PL and Championship quality still make up the majority of our squad. It’s gonna take more time but we’re moving in the right direction and we need to be patient. 

All in all I think we're about par for where we should be VAR at Palace notwithstanding, 2 points down overall because of that. We've gained unexpected points against Brighton and Man City and dropped expected points against Palace and Bournemouth, but that's the chaos of football.

Forest 

Expected 3 result 3

Brighton

Expected 0 result 1 +1

Man City

Expected 0 result 1 +2

Wolves

Expected 1 result 1 +2

Liverpool

Expected 0 result 0 +2

Crystal Palace

Expected 3 result 1 =0

Bournemouth

Expected 3 result 1 -2

Not that big a deal and not a great deal to worry about imo. Yesterday was the only poor performance where we didn't get a result (Brighton away wasn't a good performance but a draw there is definitely a result)

There'll not be loads of teams who set up against us like Bournemouth did imo. Even then we're talking about a disappointing performance where despite everyone being off it, we had 73% possession and hit the bar and the post.

Edited by Kid Icarus

It was just one of those games where we weren’t at our best, and key players didn’t perform- and we still have some missing (Bruno may aswell have been injured he looked off the pace) plus as others have said, bus was parked on us  like we used to do every game. 

we have 8 points with at least 3 robbed by var, and have performed well in majority of games. I’m still happy.. over the moon infact. 

Some of the negativity is over the top i think.

Yes we drew a game we would have liked to have won but did we deserve to? Was a draw a fair result?

Remember - we dont have the benton buffalo at the helm anymore - the players are fit! - we dont have penfold buying paperclips - we have new owners who want to spend their money - the training ground is being upgraded - weve spent a shit load of money on players, very very good players - weve just spent 60m on a forward - weve got a tactical plan when we face teams - and theres more, way more - we all know the future is going to very very bright.

Weve got an awful lot to be happy about.

1 hour ago, Lazarus said:

Some of the negativity is over the top i think.

Yes we drew a game we would have liked to have won but did we deserve to? Was a draw a fair result?

Remember - we dont have the benton buffalo at the helm anymore - the players are fit! - we dont have penfold buying paperclips - we have new owners who want to spend their money - the training ground is being upgraded - weve spent a shit load of money on players, very very good players - weve just spent 60m on a forward - weve got a tactical plan when we face teams - and theres more, way more - we all know the future is going to very very bright.

Weve got an awful lot to be happy about.

All true just annoying that some thick cunts need to be reminded of all this. 

17 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

My only worry - and it is a minor one - is that we don’t know what the owners expectations are, nor how they will react to stretches of disappointing results.  And by the owners, I’m referring to PIF.

For me, Howe should be given a couple of years to build - we’re so much better than this time last year irrespective of money spent.  The bloke is clearly an excellent manager / coach.

I asked a question about this yesterday and got fucking murdered for it, even though I’d said clearly that I didn’t like the notion of them getting twitchy.  No one has any idea how they will react to a dodgy period because they are an unknown quantity up to now. I hope they are sensible about it but I have a sneaky suspicion that they might panic if the crowds get restless. 

4 hours ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

I asked a question about this yesterday and got fucking murdered for it, even though I’d said clearly that I didn’t like the notion of them getting twitchy.  No one has any idea how they will react to a dodgy period because they are an unknown quantity up to now. I hope they are sensible about it but I have a sneaky suspicion that they might panic if the crowds get restless. 

Based on what??

Everything they have said is that they want Howe here long term. There is no sense whatsoever that they’d have an itchy trigger finger.

This conversation isn’t even warranted right now, it’s weird that it’s even being brought up. 

3 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Dunno why Richard Keys is on our dick all of a sudden after slagging us off for years, he defended us complaining about the Liverpool winner as well. Maybe we're oil money friends now. 

Attention/ clicks/ need to stay relevant 

Brighton probably our worst performance. Even Bruno looked poor in that game, still didn't lose.

Absolutely nothing to worry about. The thing that amazes me most is how anyone could be negative, must be new fans that didn't go through the Ashley era.

From where we were when Amanda took over it will take several years to build us up to be able to really compete with the top boys. We have taken giant steps since Eddie came in and brought in some good players. A lot of fans are whinging about why we didn't buy this one and that one but they don't seem to consider that the players we would like might not be available or their clubs prefer not to sell to us. When we get ASM, Wilson and Shelvey back we should be quite a threat

21 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Dunno why Richard Keys is on our dick all of a sudden after slagging us off for years, he defended us complaining about the Liverpool winner as well. Maybe we're oil money friends now. 

Its because we have an English manager

8 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

From where we were when Amanda took over it will take several years to build us up to be able to really compete with the top boys. We have taken giant steps since Eddie came in and brought in some good players. A lot of fans are whinging about why we didn't buy this one and that one but they don't seem to consider that the players we would like might not be available or their clubs prefer not to sell to us. When we get ASM, Wilson and Shelvey back we should be quite a threat

Aye plus it was never going to be something that's solved in 1 or 2 windows 

I look at the Jan/Summer windows as one really, if we weren't in such a dire situation I don't think we would have done much in January

The defence has largely been addressed, even managed to add a couple of players in attacking positions. 

Now the next few windows (not convinced we'll do a lot in Jan) will be about investing in the attack, so we aren't in a situation where an ASM injury can render us toothless.

People just need to show some patience.

22 hours ago, BlueStar said:

He really likes Howe; on Bein he’s often very complimentary of him. Fits in with his incessant “British managers need more opportunities in the prem” agenda. It’s just a grim coincidence that we’re aligned on this as we’re all fully behind Eddie (on merit I should add, not because he’s British).

3 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Aye plus it was never going to be something that's solved in 1 or 2 windows 

I look at the Jan/Summer windows as one really, if we weren't in such a dire situation I don't think we would have done much in January

The defence has largely been addressed, even managed to add a couple of players in attacking positions. 

Now the next few windows (not convinced we'll do a lot in Jan) will be about investing in the attack, so we aren't in a situation where an ASM injury can render us toothless.

People just need to show some patience.

'The project' is what got everybody excited. Do people even understand the concept in this "I want it yesterday" world.

I'm completely fine with how things have gone. We've been a bit unlucky with injuries and what have you but the thing that sticks in my mind is the Man C game and the fact that with our full team out we can go toe to toe with anyone.

If I was being critical I don't like the wide players we have with the exception of ASM. Almiron tries hard and tracks back but its just not his position. This inverted winger tactic just doesn't seem to be working: personnel or scheme?

1 hour ago, OverThere said:

I'm completely fine with how things have gone. We've been a bit unlucky with injuries and what have you but the thing that sticks in my mind is the Man C game and the fact that with our full team out we can go toe to toe with anyone.

If I was being critical I don't like the wide players we have with the exception of ASM. Almiron tries hard and tracks back but its just not his position. This inverted winger tactic just doesn't seem to be working: personnel or scheme?

It worked against Man City and Liverpool but we're too narrow when teams sit beind the ball. Need a more traditional winger type in those circumstances, just witch them over for the last 15 mins at least. 

TBF we might have done that yesterday, I missed the last 20mins.