Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 hours ago, 1964 said:

I think its the players outside the first 11 that are the issue.  A few injuries and we are very average

I meant in the current/today's first 11, so yeah, pretty much.

Edited by KaKa

37 minutes ago, Pata said:

Yup. Frustrating but think we'll see many more teams park the bus at SJP after today's struggles.

💯 

The commentator today was even on about how we need to get used to this because we’re now a team to fear, especially at home, and we need to find players that have the skill and guile to help us unlock defenses like today. Especially after everyone just watched that and said “oh that’s how you stop Newcastle” which will be frustrating as fuck at home. 

So what are you saying? We are dependent on the narcissistic sociopath whis just had his hair cut?

I love Eddie Howe very much, but to be honest were aren't much better than we've been for years. Bang average if you were honest?

SBR did a lot better with a lot less talent. Just sayin.:lol:

Edited by Geordiebri
Sobriety

9 minutes ago, Geordiebri said:

So what are you saying? We are dependent on the narcissistic sociopath whis just had his hair cut?

I love Eddie Howe very to be honest were art much better than we've been for years. Bang average? 

:dowie:

SBR had a lot less talent too? :lol:

Edited by Pata

11 minutes ago, Geordiebri said:

I love Eddie Howe very to be honest were art much better than we've been for years. Bang average? 

This has to be the post of the year!

Or at least the best Wind up haha 

Small margins and injuries seem to always be the underlying story for us but have to take 2-3 steps back and say we’re a VAR or two, stoppage time madness, and post hit x2 from being undefeated and top 5 - dominant, threatening in nearly all matches but 1. 

Edited by Kanji

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

💯

The commentator today was even on about how we need to get used to this because we’re now a team to fear, especially at home, and we need to find players that have the skill and guile to help us unlock defenses like today. Especially after everyone just watched that and said “oh that’s how you stop Newcastle” which will be frustrating as fuck at home. 

Need some of the home fans to recognise this or it could turn toxic pretty soon.

46 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Need some of the home fans to recognise this or it could turn toxic pretty soon.

Either that, or we need to get better at breaking teams down. I know which is easier to achieve.

Bottom line, we need a goal at home to beat a side who blatantly will go down and we have Longstaff, Wood and Murphy to bring on. It’s absolutely embarrassing and needs to be addressed in the next window. 

2 hours ago, Geordiebri said:

Not sure why I'm giving this the time of day, but what the fuck? 

3 hours ago, Geordiebri said:

Cannot be a Geordie Bri ? 

I think Howe came in and adapted his system to fit the players we had last season, hence counter attacking and keeping it tight at the back so we could try to nick tight games. He did it brilliantly. He then used the summer to try to change the way we play and be more on the front foot (recall him saying as much), and we are now seeing much more possession and pressing high up the pitch, and for the most part we have played well this season and the players have fully bought into it. We have a clearly defined style of play and he has done well to change it in a few months. The problem is we still have all the same midfielders and the likes of Fraser and Almiron don't suit that type of game. The other problem is VAR which has redefined our season and is the reason we are still level on points with Bournemouth. The queen's death has got VAR off the hook really as the pressure was really building before that.

This was always going to be a transition season as we try to adapt to being a team that play on the front foot with half a squad of players who were signed for counter attacking football. If it weren't for VAR we'd be sitting in a strong position now and I'm fully behind what Howe is trying to do. This is a strange season and if we can get a win on the board and not get fucked over, I can still see us going on a run.

11 minutes ago, ohmelads said:

I think Howe came in and adapted his system to fit the players we had last season, hence counter attacking and keeping it tight at the back so we could try to nick tight games. He did it brilliantly. He then used the summer to try to change the way we play and be more on the front foot (recall him saying as much), and we are now seeing much more possession and pressing high up the pitch, and for the most part we have played well this season and the players have fully bought into it. We have a clearly defined style of play and he has done well to change it in a few months. The problem is we still have all the same midfielders and the likes of Fraser and Almiron don't suit that type of game. The other problem is VAR which has redefined our season and is the reason we are still level on points with Bournemouth. The queen's death has got VAR off the hook really as the pressure was really building before that.

This was always going to be a transition season as we try to adapt to being a team that play on the front foot with half a squad of players who were signed for counter attacking football. If it weren't for VAR we'd be sitting in a strong position now and I'm fully behind what Howe is trying to do. This is a strange season and if we can get a win on the board and not get fucked over, I can still see us going on a run.

All solid points and I think this was always going to be a transitional season. With everyone fit we’ll give anyone a game but injuries continue to highlight our lack of depth and the hangover from Ashley. I also think Howe has used these first two windows to really focus on solidifying the defence and the next two windows will be used to fully address the attacking 3rd (new right winger, attacking midfielder etc)

Edited by ExiledGeordie

13 hours ago, Rich said:

There’s already a stunning amount of complacency and entitlement in the stadium. Started creeping in at times last season once we looked safe, and today was probably the worst example of it. There has to be give and take, I understand that, but I’m already not enjoying going and we’re only a few games in. :lol:

#ourfans do my fucking head in most of the time 

The fact is despite all the money spent we still struggle without Wilson and Maxi. Even on a bad day Maxi still gives defenders something to worry about and can cause problems , Isak to me isn’t the type of player that can find space in a tight game like Wilson could, he’s not a natural centre forward. More suited to an away game where he will get more time and space which is why he looked so good against Liverpool.