Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 hours ago, Likelylad said:

If we can beat Brentford next week. 14 points from 9 is decent. Considering our injuries and some shocking officiating like. 

More than decent, it’s us keeping up with our place in the top 8 despite all the injuries and shocking officiating. 

15 minutes ago, Kanji said:

More than decent, it’s us keeping up with our place in the top 8 despite all the injuries and shocking officiating. 

It's worth remembering that we've had some our way, schar could easily have seen red against wolves, the handball vs Bournemouth and yesterday's whilst a correct decision hasn't always been given

Not gonna lie, post-Bobby era I used to count how many passes we'd make when regaining possession and it would usually only be 2 or 3 on average before we were dispossessed. Most of our other managers have made keeping possession look impossible. Now I don't even think about it under Howe. Just love the transformation.

50 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Not gonna lie, post-Bobby era I used to count how many passes we'd make when regaining possession and it would usually only be 2 or 3 on average before we were dispossessed. Most of our other managers have made keeping possession look impossible. Now I don't even think about it under Howe. Just love the transformation.

I remember a period under pardew when we couldn't keep possession on a throw in to save our lives...

7 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

We've played Liverpool, City, and Brighton and have lost only once all season. That seems to get forgotten by a few people.

We also have the fifth highest GD

And the loss was a last minute goal which arguably shouldn’t have happened, very unlucky not to be unbeaten still

7 minutes ago, NWMag said:

And the loss was a last minute goal which arguably shouldn’t have happened, very unlucky not to be unbeaten still

Not to mention the piece of shit decision to rule out Isak's second that night.  

Obviously every team can say similar but it's not mental to say we should have five more points than we do. Total robbery dished out by the officials two games in a row. 

24 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

We've played Liverpool, City, and Brighton and have lost only once all season. That seems to get forgotten by a few people.

We also have the fifth highest GD

Seeing us with a positive GD is so, so odd.

Obviously it helped that Fulham were awful and played nearly the whole game with ten.  But when the team was announced, prior to knowing about Joelinton's injury and the illness in the squad that was mentioned.  My first reaction was to piss and moan.  Then remembered I have done it before a few times with Howe and I've always been proven wrong. 

Murphy played the best he has since he joined. 

Almiron was on fire. 

Longstaff scored and was involved in the red card for them by committing to the challenge. 

Burn was solid at left back again.

Anderson not starting certainly looked like the right call.  As he did look to get caught in possession quite a lot.

Need to try and remember we have a proper manager now and he obviously knows a lot more than me.  

We've had so many managers in the past put out piss poor starting lineups because they have no idea what they are doing. 

Eddie does it for a reason and that's because he's done due diligence on the opposition not because we need "more fret" or because they speak Dutch or because they've rolled their sleeves up in training. 

It'll just take us a while to fully get used to that [emoji38]

12 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Seeing us with a positive GD is so, so odd.

Our all time PL goal difference is -36, would be nice to see that being back to a positive one in a couple of seasons. 

13 hours ago, Mountain said:

The Crystal Palace draw was obvious corruption/ incompetence that they admitted was wrong.

So that's 3 for a start.

That's not really how football works tbf, Palace would have had plenty of time to change tactics to get something out of the game if they were losing

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

That's not really how football works tbf, Palace would have had plenty of time to change tactics to get something out of the game if they were losing

We've not cocked up a lead this season to anyone but City and Liverpool so I'd venture to say based on how we've played thus far we'd have taken the 3 points. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

We've not cocked up a lead this season to anyone but City and Liverpool so I'd venture to say based on how we've played thus far we'd have taken the 3 points. 

Well we've only been the lead in 2 other games :lol:

4 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Obviously it helped that Fulham were awful and played nearly the whole game with ten.  But when the team was announced, prior to knowing about Joelinton's injury and the illness in the squad that was mentioned.  My first reaction was to piss and moan.  Then remembered I have done it before a few times with Howe and I've always been proven wrong. 

Murphy played the best he has since he joined. 

Almiron was on fire. 

Longstaff scored and was involved in the red card for them by committing to the challenge. 

Burn was solid at left back again.

Anderson not starting certainly looked like the right call.  As he did look to get caught in possession quite a lot.

Need to try and remember we have a proper manager now and he obviously knows a lot more than me.  

Yeah same here, WTF followed by "well, Eddie knows what he's doing so let's wait and see..."

Also maybe belongs in the Burn thread but I have been really impressed with him at LB, obviously he has been immense at CB but he really does a job at LB as well, seems 100% rock solid and he's tidy with the ball. If he doesn't get forward that's not really the worst thing in the world as it gives us some balance, with ASM being so attack minded and Trippier constantly getting forward from RB it's not terrible to have a more defensive minded player on the left.

Overall I think Targett starts ahead of him at but I have no issues at all when I see Burn run out on the left.