Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Theregulars said:

Nobody. Fatigued starters are better. What’s Murphy contributed positively as a Newcastle player in your opinion?

You think I see Murphy as an answer? Fact is Murphy and Wood were the only options from the bench and Fraser isn't really fit to play nowhere near 90 minutes.

Regarding booing, it's been there in previous eras and it comes from a sense of entitlement and enhanced expectation. Don't recall it much in the 80s when we were regularly twatted by the big sides at home (not saying it didn't ever happen, just don't recall it). Beaten regularly by 3 or 4 goals at home by Everton, Liverpool etc, don't remember booing. I definitely remember it in the KK and SBR eras.

I can vividly recall a bloke in front of me booing at half time as we trooped off losing to Luton in the cup in 93/94 under KK. I nearly had a physical altercation with him over it. Enhanced expectations...hey we're not beating Luton at home...BOOO!!! It's not a Punch and Judy show you fucking melts, there's two teams on the pitch.

I trust EH more than anyone since SBR, to get this right. Yeah, I wish we had won a couple more, but booing ffs. We're actually very unlucky to not have at least 5 more points and be sitting top 6. And that's with key attacking players missing several games and decisions going against us regularly.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

So you agree with my original premise that he’s not good enough - cool.

:lol: Of course but THERE'S NO ONE ELSE available.

Edited by Pata

17 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

My only worry - and it is a minor one - is that we don’t know what the owners expectations are, nor how they will react to stretches of disappointing results.  And by the owners, I’m referring to PIF.

For me, Howe should be given a couple of years to build - we’re so much better than this time last year irrespective of money spent.  The bloke is clearly an excellent manager / coach.

We do, they want us to be the best club in the world, and they know it is a marathon not a sprint. We also know how they’ll react to long stretches of poor results, by backing and supporting the manager. They’ll do that in January & again next summer.

we’re not getting beaten, we’re 10th in the league. Keep the faith. The country is weird as fuck atm and that didn’t help the crowd or team for a football match.

onwards and upwards :indi:

Just now, Theregulars said:

Who has contributed more assists and goals in a Newcastle shirt? One has under 3 in both categories, one doesn’t. 

Who is a 33 year old mascot at this point of his career? Absolutely pointless debate, neither is good enough and if Howe picks Murphy ahead of him I trust his decision.

Just now, nufc123 said:

5 years ago yes

What makes Murphy better than Ritchie? Which facet of his game do you think makes him a preferable option? Is it the never finishing a chance, constantly hitting the first man or being knocked off the ball easier than a wet towel? 

4 minutes ago, Menace said:

Why aren't you able to criticise a performance without people mentioning the last owners  or being "spoilt"

Today was a shit performance, it's that simple.

Nobody is denying it wasn't but we're specifically talking about the people who think it's okay to boo or lose their shit on sm every time we don't win a game we're expected to.

It just makes us all look like fickle cunts.

13 minutes ago, Menace said:

Why aren't you able to criticise a performance without people mentioning the last owners  or being "spoilt"

I think we're all in agreement it was a frustrating performance, but it's the bipolar nature of things that's frustrating.

The Man City performance and result, the performance against Liverpool had us guaranteed finishing top 6 by some.

The recent Athletic article on Howe had him as the next Keegan and Sir Bobby.

But a draw against a Bournemouth side that aren't as bad as that 9-0 result has people making out that the new owners are accepting mediocrity and us going backwards under Howe.

Which is absolutely shocking.

Edited by TBG

7 minutes ago, Menace said:

I agree it's the same when Rafa was here. Today was just not acceptable for a number of reasons. Nothing more