Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

What he's done with Almiron and Willock deserves all the accolades regardless of the results. I recall Willock saying he was a brilliant manager last season, and when you look at the football he's playing now, it's all down to Howe. You couldn't design a more perfect manager.

9 hours ago, Interpolic said:

"Hope we can come back after the break even better" 

What a mad cunt :lol:

There's method behind the madness though. We are improving all the time, and that journey is set to continue, regardless of any signings in January. And we've got Isak to come in, who I think will turn out to be our best player.

The crazy thing is that I can see the opportunity opening up to win the whole bloody thing. Other teams around the top will have contributed more players to the World Cup, and with the demands of the European games in the new year on top of that, the toll on their players' mental and physical energy will be far greater than ours. We just need to stay focused, and in our Eddie, we have a manager who's rather good at that.

10 hours ago, TRon said:

What he's done with Almiron and Willock deserves all the accolades regardless of the results. I recall Willock saying he was a brilliant manager last season, and when you look at the football he's playing now, it's all down to Howe. You couldn't design a more perfect manager.

Every dude currently wants to write themselves into Newcastle history and so much of that is down to Eddie. He’s done a brilliant fucking job. 

10 hours ago, Lazarus said:

I love the press hes got the team playing. Its like were a pack of wolves hunting in a pack.

I was laughing at it today. Teams fucking hate playing against us already. It’s ridiculous what we’re doing. Arsenal are going to shit the bed against us and ruin their season. 

Edited by cubaricho

Listening to the True Faith podcast just now and one lad said without the World Cup we'd be 1st by Christmas, just because of the momentum and how unstoppable we look at the moment.

Not saying he's wrong like, we do look amazing and it's a shame to walk away from the table on a heater, but I feel that's missing a key element which is the Eddie Howe factor. One of the huge strengths of this team is the manager and his preparation and training with the players, so giving us an extra six weeks to train and prepare for the second half of the season is a huge advantage over the teams with managers who will spend the break dicking around on yachts in the Mediterranean.

Eddie might not want this break, but I guaran-fucking-tee you he will be squeezing full value out of every second of it.

If the players get two weeks off to rest and recover, you know wor Eddie will give himself about a day and a half to hug his family and then he'll be digging out his old Bournemouth tapes and getting us ready for the cup game in December.

Also, it sucks to be Bournemouth because where other teams might be business as usual in the lower leagues or have half their squad away for the world cup, they'll be up against a side of absolute murderers trying to win their long term position in Eddie's Newcastle project.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Just one god damn time I want to consume some of your sports media and be like "that was worthwhile and illuminating."

Anything that has video attached is 9/10 going to be absolutely shit unless it’s Sky or BBC. 

For reference the bloke in the geps ran Palace so badly he nearly bankrupted them and needed last minute court orders not to wind the club up but, as you’ll know well, he’s a rent a gob he’s been rehabilitated into a media voice.

16 hours ago, Cronky said:

There's method behind the madness though. We are improving all the time, and that journey is set to continue, regardless of any signings in January. And we've got Isak to come in, who I think will turn out to be our best player.

The crazy thing is that I can see the opportunity opening up to win the whole bloody thing. Other teams around the top will have contributed more players to the World Cup, and with the demands of the European games in the new year on top of that, the toll on their players' mental and physical energy will be far greater than ours. We just need to stay focused, and in our Eddie, we have a manager who's rather good at that.

What makes Isak our best player? Not being contrarian, I just want to know so I can get hyped.

1 hour ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

I'd rather go on a 3 month fishing trip with Piers Morgan than even brush by Skip Bayless. I wouldn't dishonor cunts and their long and storied tradition of being absolute cunts by calling Skip Bayless one.

Fucking yikes [emoji38]

6 hours ago, Mountain said:

What makes Isak our best player? Not being contrarian, I just want to know so I can get hyped.

I think his outstanding quality is his technical skill on the ball. He looks like one of those natural talents who can do the exceptional. Allied to this he has the strength and the intelligence to use those gifts well. When he was being linked with us earlier, his clips were very impressive and I was very surprised that he wasn't snapped up by other clubs who were more advanced in their development. (Let's not say bigger any more)

The other candidate would be Bruno, who of course is playing extremely well. I think Eddie has raised his game, just as he has got more out of our other midfielders. But Isak starts off his journey here from a more advanced position, if you get my meaning. That was reflected in his transfer fee.

I think it was telling that Eddie had no hesitation in pitching him as a starter against Liverpool. Considering it was his first game with his team mates, and his first game in the Premiership, I thought he was outstanding.

1 hour ago, NWMag said:

Do we have the best press in world football right now? 

One thing Eddie Howe mentioned about his time at Bournemouth was having the mentality of us against everyone else. It's clear he has instilled that mentality in our squad here as well.

The first part of this thread mentions the body positions of Wood and Almiron crouched and ready to sprint. Not only are we doing everything with such immense commitment but it's perfectly coordinated down to the last man.

How many other teams have either our level of commitment or coordination? Let alone combining the two. We look like the real deal right now, we are controlling games without even having the ball. 

Eddie Howe, what a man :smitten: