Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Sack a manager that qualifies for the CL in his first full season, basically erasing all the work that's been put in. Nah our owners are smarter than that.

The football we play, the competitions were in, the stadium, the fans, and Howe will be the things that attract top players. Oh and did I forget...££££££££££

On 12/01/2023 at 14:09, 54 said:

Their are only two teams who have conceded less goals than us this season within the Top 5 leagues in Europe, Barcelona and Juventus.

We also have the best defensive record of any team in the 7 divisions in England.

Now only Barcelona have conceded less than us, given Juventus have just shipped 5 goals against Napoli.

I might be an idiot getting ahead of myself but I genuinely believe Eddie will go on to be considered Elite. Got zero worries about him being sacked. 

He seems so malleable in his coaching ideology, and his willingness to learn is just mind blowing to me compared to Bruce, or any manager that refuses to deviate from their favoured style of play. 

I do think future coaches will be more like Eddie in that way. it’s already happening, which explains the closing of the gap between the top 6 and the rest of the league. 

fuck knows what I’m chatting on about anymore.

Yeah, Murphy had a nice moment. Was it just before the goal? Can’t remember but he took the ball down over his shoulder on our right hand side after it had been skied and released it quickly. The kind of move I wouldn’t normally expect him to pull off 

Will be interesting to see if he starts to mess around with the setup in home games against weaker opposition.

Last two games we've looked pretty ineffective in open play when teams are willing to defend deep and frustrate us. Happened a few times earlier in the season too, the Palace and Bournemouth games come to mind.

Away from home it works great as we're so solid at the back and teams find it very difficult to pin us back with how good we are at pressing.

At home... it looks a lot more noticeable that we're playing with three CBs and four CMs. I guess the theory is that you don't want to sacrifice the defensive stability by changing it too much, I don't know.

Might just be as simple as committing to playing ASM or Isak on the left in home games instead of Willock/Joe?

Would be great to have Targett back to give us a LB with a bit more attacking ability too.

2 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

A few questions rightly being asked about his starting 11 and tactics for the first time...  this season?  

He did very well with the subs though.  Isak in the hole worked really well.  I didn't see that coming.

I thought not starting ASM against Leeds was a mistake but it's hard to know how much of it was down to ASM's fitness levels.

4 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

A few questions rightly being asked about his starting 11 and tactics for the first time...  this season?  

He did very well with the subs though.  Isak in the hole worked really well.  I didn't see that coming.

Agree with that. Today felt one of the first times our subs put in performances to challenge the starting 11. 

2 hours ago, David Edgar said:

What questions? 

he got it spot on as usual 

4 minutes ago, LV said:

What questions? 

he got it spot on as usual 

I (and have seen others say similar) reckon it was a little too cautious and predictable.  Fancy a few players are fatiguing and opponents have a good plan to defend us.  

Subs were good as I said.  Formation change worked really well.  Just think we could've done more from the start and maybe we're wearing down our first choice players.

Just now, David Edgar said:

I (and have seen others say similar) reckon it was a little too cautious and predictable.  Fancy a few players are fatiguing and opponents have a good plan to defend us.  

Subs were good as I said.  Formation change worked really well.  Just think we could've done more from the start and maybe we're wearing down our first choice players.

No one has questioned the line up or the tactics 

No one with a clue anyway.