Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

We just drew 1-1 at home to Watford and a few people on here wanted Howe gone and Benitez who'd literally just been sacked by Everton in as we were 100% going down with the former iirc.

Go back to p600ish for a deeks gents

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

How's your plane watching going :lol:. I was wrong and I'm big enough to admit that. Not the first time I've been wrong about stuff in my life and I'm sure it won't be the last :tino:

I know, that one was just so astonishingly wrong though :lol:

Honestly, I'm going back through having a chuckle and hoping like hell not to see my avatar :lol:

10 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

How's your plane watching going :lol:. I was wrong and I'm big enough to admit that. Not the first time I've been wrong about stuff in my life and I'm sure it won't be the last :tino:

If peoples wrong opinions are being pulled up two of my recent howlers is saying on multiple occasions that Dan Burn is no better than what we had and that Chris Wood would be a good singing for us. 

If anyone wants any of these top opinions on potential new signings drop me dm. 

16 hours ago, 54 said:

After half a season (19 games) last year, we'd only won one game, this season we've only lost one. Weirdly, we have the exact same amount of draws (8).

We had -23 goal difference at this point last season, and have +22 goal difference this year.

I do get emotional when I see that. This man has re-written the book on what's possible. Yes, there was a large overall spend, but we had to pay over the odds for some players (esp Wood), we couldn't raise funds by selling anyone, and started from the point where it looked like we were going to go down with about 20 points.

I still don't quite get it. There's very little pace in the back four or the midfield, and none of the midfield are good defenders as individuals. Half the team were there before Howe took over. But somehow we're in third place, and on the way we're playing, it's no fluke.

13 hours ago, midds said:

Go back to p600ish for a deeks gents

Page 540 is pretty good stuff, right when we'd lost to Cambridge in the cup.

Obviously was a rough time but man some of the posts are funny now, looking back :lol:

1 hour ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Shit crack digging people out for an honest opinion they had during a turbulent time for for the club & our support, every fucker on here has dropped a weapons grade clanger in theyre (Don't start grammar tits) time ffs

Howay man 

Their.

1 hour ago, Shak said:

Page 540 is pretty good stuff, right when we'd lost to Cambridge in the cup.

Obviously was a rough time but man some of the posts are funny now, looking back :lol:

I think I really was lost about this time last year, I loved him but felt it just wasn’t working out for him as the players were turbo shit and it didn’t seem like we were able to bring anyone in. Cue a few more weeks and the results started turning. Wild stuff. 

2 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Tbf, you're still here. Most of the posters who were talking shite then you never see posting anymore. 

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Tbf, you're still here. Most of the posters who were talking shite then you never see posting anymore. 

Strange that. Almost as if they got a kick out of winding NUFC fans up…

2 hours ago, St1pe said:

If peoples wrong opinions are being pulled up two of my recent howlers is saying on multiple occasions that Dan Burn is no better than what we had and that Chris Wood would be a good singing for us. 

If anyone wants any of these top opinions on potential new signings drop me dm. 

I too thought Chris Wood would be a good signing for us as well. I used him at times when he was at Burnley to good effect in my FPL team, and figured with better players around him and a better manager he would really kick on. How sad I am that I was so wrong lol

2 hours ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Shit crack digging people out for an honest opinion they had during a turbulent time for for the club & our support, every fucker on here has dropped a weapons grade clanger in theyre (Don't start grammar tits) time ffs

Howay man 

My weapons-grade clanger was making a topic called 'The Souness Legacy' and trying to argue that we were in a better position after he'd left the club than we were before he joined :lol:

I'm cringing reading that Rafa thread. I was seriously wavering about Eddie last January but the comments look embarrassing now..

On another note though, I hope Rafa gets the West Ham job and redeems himself as the scorn that he continues to receive from media pundits is shocking.

3 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I'm cringing reading that Rafa thread. I was seriously wavering about Eddie last January but the comments look embarrassing now..

On another note though, I hope Rafa gets the West Ham job and redeems himself as the scorn that he continues to receive from media pundits is shocking.

Nah I don’t think it’s cringey. We were in the precipice of oblivion, some of the results weren’t great and the football wasn’t anywhere near what it is now. It was a pivotal point for us. Rafa was a legend, fought for the club, fans and showed us we could be better. The clamour for him made sense. 

I still love Rafa but I don’t think he could have done what Howe has as it’s completely different styles, I didn’t believe Howe could have done it either. 

I hope he gets a decent job and like you say, West Ham could be ideal.