Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Nope, well aware I dare be critical.  Think people need to either accept it quietly or try to discuss my points.  Cos it is boring when a handful of you go, "oh DE is so negative.  Just think happy thoughts.  How dare you question Eddie..."

Last post on this.  Cos we'll just get loads more rubbish posts like the one above.  Sigh.

Edited by David Edgar

Just now, David Edgar said:

Nope, well aware I dare be critical.  Think people need to either accept it quietly or try to discuss my points.  Cos it is boring.

Yes it is boring but you continue at it, and then complain that it’s everyone else’s fault. 

You really could do well taking a look at yourself, man. It hasn’t been just one person giving you shit. It’s been a fair few over the seasons. But your I’m being repressed attitude is just a tad absurd 

Remember the past few years our goalkeeper nearly always being in the top few places for most saves due to us being shooting practice for other clubs?

Pope's only 12th in that list this season. Defence is fucking immense.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

It's another game where we've not even faced a shot on target to a team in 6th place. We dominated the game and it's another one where we could have scored 3 or 4 had we taken our chances. There's no selection or tactics to criticize howay man :lol:

That meant that he oversaw our fifth successive top-flight league clean sheet - something never achieved by a Magpies side in the entire history of the club.

Fourteen games without defeat meanwhile matches United's record top-flight run, set in 1950 and matched in 2011.

12 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

There's no selection or tactics to criticize howay man :lol:

Howe will find plenty of stuff to criticise about though and that's what makes him such a great manager.

Edited by mikejaxer

Remember his Bournemouth team were criticised for leaking goals regularly and it was one of the weaknesses some were worried about when he was first appointed here

Whatever he learned in his 18 months away from the game is clearly paying dividends

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Remember his Bournemouth team were criticised for leaking goals regularly and it was one of the weaknesses some were worried about when he was first appointed here

Whatever he learned in his 18 months away from the game is clearly paying dividends

That’s the thing that sets him apart really - being humble enough to go away and learn, clever enough to implement it and confident enough to take time out and reject jobs.

Really exceptional and tells me he’s going to be an absolutely legendary manager. 

12 minutes ago, Smal said:

It’s just astounding that we’ve only conceded 11 goals, like. Only Arsenal are close with 14 and that’s not really that close :lol:. Nobody else is anywhere near.

It's absolutely mental. I'm almost conditioned to it and then I check the GA column of the table. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

5 of the 11 goals were against the best two teams of the last 5 years too. Was similar last season when City and Spurs were the only teams to score 2 or more against us.

Liverpool and Leicester scored 3 and 4 as well in December but it was very early in his tenure

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Remember when the Queen died? That was the last time we conceded in open play at home.

4 months ago :lol:

Didn't we concede from open play against Southampton? ???