Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

Urgh, pointless arrogant and condescending.  Shite post lv.

Any strong reason for that?  Feels like I've made a reasonable post and you've got a chippy.

:lol:

Im really not being chippy at all, I’m in a great mood after that deserved and well managed win.

I know you like to be Colin Controversial and all that but what you’re saying is really not anchored in any kind of reality 

Just now, David Edgar said:

What do you mean?  

We looked sluggish for a lot of the game and hadn't scored in ages before Isak arrived.  No?

It’s up to you if you were panicking. I trusted the goal would come. 

Last season and this is proof that some people will never, ever be happy or satisfied. I understand striving for more, of course, but the numbers, results, and league position speak for themselves at the minute.

In terms of expectations versus reality we’ve arguably never had it so good.

There was nothing wrong with the team selection. We controlled the game despite Bruno being cooked for a good chunk of the time he was on and then having to come off.

I'd bet money Howe isn't happy with most of the game.  

I think we've gotta look at how we can do better against teams at home.  Little bit flat with the ball.  And could do with maybe getting Isak and ASM involved ealier. 

Teams seem to have a handle on our right side.  And our attacking play is very asymmetrical.  Perhaps it is time to look at Isak or ASM from the wide left position so that opponents can't focus solely on our right?  

Edited by David Edgar

Just now, Rich said:

Last season and this is proof that some people will never, ever be happy or satisfied. I understand striving for more, of course, but the numbers, results, and league position speak for themselves at the minute.

In terms of expectations versus reality we’ve arguably never had it so good.

There was nothing wrong with the team selection. We controlled the game despite Bruno being cooked for a good chunk of the time he was on and then having to come off.

Spot on :thup:

I think we've gotta look at how we can do better against teams at home.  Little bit flat with the ball.  And could do with maybe getting Isak and ASM involved ealier. 

He’s said he was pleased with how we played :lol:

Just now, David Edgar said:

They were a very difficult team to breakdown and we also faced them when they were at peak levels of confidence. I do think that Trippier is looking burnt out but what do we do, we don’t have a replacement who’s anywhere near his level. I think other than that the only other selection decision going forward is when to bring Isak in for a start 

Just now, LV said:

He’s said he was pleased with how we played :lol:

You know managers don't tell the whole truth in interviews, right?  

Howe is a PR king. 

I'd be amazed if he left today thinking, "yeah that was great" and not, "hmm, a few games now we've looked a little blunt..."

You know managers don't tell the whole truth in interviews, right?  

Howe is a PR king. 

I'd be amazed if he left today thinking, "yeah that was great" and not, "hmm, a few games now we've looked a little blunt..."

No. I didn’t know that. 

Don't see what the big deal is with being critical?  You lot treat it like a sin [emoji38]  

You can be delighted with how things are going, belive Howe is the best manager we've had (maybe, ever) and still think that we have some improvements to make.

4 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Don't see what the big deal is with being critical?  You lot treat it like a sin [emoji38]  

You can be delighted with how things are going, belive Howe is the best manager we've had (maybe, ever) and still think that we have some improvements to make.

I think it is the repeat offending. As I said before, you have a rep for a reason.

I’m fairly confident that a large percentage of the forum expects a negative comment when they see you’ve posted. You’ve been much better about it recently mind you 

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

I do think we’re ready for another evolution of our game (dropping an industrious player for a more technical one) but he’s shown he’ll pretty much never change up a team that is getting results unless it’s forced.

He kept us up with ease and has us 3rd doing it this way so it’s hard to ever disagree with his selections.

The problem is you can look at one game and think “maxi should have started/Longstaff should be benched” but probably ignore the previous 5-10 games we’ve said the same and gotten great results.

Thought the Isak decision was bravery that we haven’t really seen from Howe before.

Have wondered in the past whether he’s trying to make up for his previous reputation by being cautious, and of course it has worked because we have a great defence. 

I really expected Isak just to replace Wilson and it was very interesting that he didn’t. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Its the first time he has had options on the bench and he showed bravery with the subs. Before it has been Murphy and Wood on and thats it so to say, you are just putting players on for fitness but the team gets weaker. 

7 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

I think it is the repeat offending. As I said before, you have a rep for a reason.

I’m fairly confident that a large percentage of the forum expects a negative comment when they see you’ve posted. You’ve been much better about it recently mind you 

I bet if you go through all my posts in the last few months (actually all my posts full stop) there is more positive than negative.  But a few of you have become very blinkered :thup:

Think if I have an opinion, I'll post it.  And if someone just gets on the name calling without a proper reply to my points, I'll call them out for adding nothing.  

Edited by David Edgar

I bet if you go through all my posts in the last few months there is more positive than negative.  But a few of you have become very blinkered :thup:

I did say that you have been much better lately, dude, but you’ve created a Pavlovian response and demonstrate zero self awareness and instead blame the many people who have pointed this out over the years.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

10 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

You got carded for persistent fouling but Eddie's not subbing you out.  :howe:

I do agree with some of your points for sure.

I think in hindsight he wishes he'd switched it up from the start as a few players looked laboured. Even Murphy and Wood injected energy into our game late on.

However, he was brave with his subs and it paid off. Ultimately he needs a couple more to come in and give him really options.

12 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Sigh