Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I think it's fair for people to question Howe's choices.

I'd say we got a bit lucky today, for as well as we did in stifling Fulham we struggled to create much more than a few half chances and had Mitro not slipped and we'd gone on to not win we'd likely have half the forum ranting and raving about setting up too negatively in home games coming off the back of this and the Leeds game.

Personally find it a bit frustrating that we're not starting ASM in home games like this. We don't look like creating much when teams sit back against us and he's capable of things nobody else in our team is.

However, I do get it.

Firstly, he may not be where Howe wants him in terms of fitness.

Secondly, it's clear that Howe's priority is to stop teams from being able to have the ball as much as possible and making us incredibly solid. Win the ball in dangerous positions and take advantage. He's turned us into an incredibly formidable side doing it, we can have no complaints.

It's obviously going to be frustrating, at times. Had we drawn 0-0 today for the second consecutive PL home game then of course it'd be frustrating that we're starting 3 CBs and 4 CMs and wondering why we can't score.

However, the trade off is that we get to go into every game for the rest of the season knowing we're going to give everybody we face an absolute battle. We've lost one game all season for a reason and I'm at the point where I'll be absolutely shocked if we have a game this year where we lose 3-0 and just never look to be at the races.

It's a worthwhile trade off, for me.

Give it a couple of windows and we'll have a left winger who's as dangerous as ASM going forward but can press like a fucking maniac too. A CM who gets around the pitch as much as Longstaff but is absolutely top class with the ball as his feet. A LB who is defensively solid as fuck but can bomb on and turn into an attacker when needed.

Then we'll win the fucking league.

12 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

Living in Manchester and having mates who are Man U fans. That 0-0 has really stuck in their craw. They can’t let it go. Fucking hilarious tbh. 

Hope we shithouse a win against the arrogant twats at Wembo.

As others have said, we might see a potential relaxing of the rigidity, possibly enforced by injuries and the personal available.

But perhaps (in home games atleast) it maybe rewarding to play more attacking line ups and trust our back 5 to still keep things tight like they have all season.

Especially those home games against sides we are now "expected to beat".

Yes it may mean our amazing clean sheets record this season is in danger, but we would be far more likely to outscore the opposition and avoid those frustrating 0:0s. 

We shall see in the coming games. 

As mentioned, we are short on Cm's currently so likely enforced.

Thought I'd pop by as you lot must be absolutely loving Howe right about now. It was never in doubt, in my mind. It isn't just the way he manages a team though, is it? It's the way he communicates his message to the fans.

Fingers crossed from me you can pick up some silverware and carry on bloodying noses in the league.

Also, I saw a headline that said Fraser was transfer listed. Nice one Eddie! He didn't forget after all. Perhaps there's a nice club in Siberia in need of a player on loan? Pretty sure they prefer them quite left wing up there but don't let that stop the move from happening.

10 minutes ago, WillDanceForChocolate said:

Thought I'd pop by as you lot must be absolutely loving Howe right about now. It was never in doubt, in my mind. It isn't just the way he manages a team though, is it? It's the way he communicates his message to the fans.

Fingers crossed from me you can pick up some silverware and carry on bloodying noses in the league.

Also, I saw a headline that said Fraser was transfer listed. Nice one Eddie! He didn't forget after all. Perhaps there's a nice club in Siberia in need of a player on loan? Pretty sure they prefer them quite left wing up there but don't let that stop the move from happening.

Did Eddie fall out with Fraser at Bournemouth? 

Firstly Howe doesn't seem the type to fall out with a player longer than a training session and secondly, "wee man" even though he hasn't featured has seemed to be quite happy being part of our squad, and Eddie seems happy to have him too. 

I'm sure I've seen an interview where Howe says anything that happened at Bournemouth was sorted out not long afterwards. 

Just never seen what actually happened. 

Frasers interviews last season makes me think there’s no animosity there any more. He was almost gushing in his praise of Eddie. 

Frasers always done an okay job since Howe has been here but has just been kept out by players in incredible form this season. He knows the squad is only going to get better too and think he wants to go elsewhere to play rather than any falling out with EH.

11 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Did Eddie fall out with Fraser at Bournemouth? 

Firstly Howe doesn't seem the type to fall out with a player longer than a training session and secondly, "wee man" even though he hasn't featured has seemed to be quite happy being part of our squad, and Eddie seems happy to have him too. 

I'm sure I've seen an interview where Howe says anything that happened at Bournemouth was sorted out not long afterwards. 

Just never seen what actually happened. 

We had an injury crisis, especially with wide players, but Fraser was running his contract down and we could all see from the sidelines he wasn't trying. Didn't want to risk an injury, didn't want to put in 100%. However, due to the injury problems Howe was forced to play him. Later in the season Fraser came out and admitted in an interview he hadn't been trying but promised he would from then on. Shortly afterwards there was the Covid break and Fraser refused to extend his contract for a month to try and help us out of the mire. I can have a certain amount of sympathy with the contract bit, but when you're visibly not trying on the pitch and letting your team get dragged into a relegation battle then you can do one.

He then had the gall to come out after the season was over and say "I could have kept them up". Could you Ryan? Why didn't you then? Not sure on the swearing policy here so I'll leave it there.

Maybe Howe did sort it out with him but I can promise you it hasn't been forgotten down south. We may not be the scariest place to visit in the world but I wouldn't want to be him on an away trip there as I think it'll be pretty hostile.

Oh, and Eddie does fall out with players sometimes. If they don't toe the line. For example, we bought Tomlin from Middlesbrough just after we came up. The story is he turned up overweight and wasn't prepared to put in the work to get into what Howe considered good shape. Never really got a look in and was moved on quickly. If you buy into what he's selling then Howe willhave all the time in the world for you. Go up against him and he's ruthless.

Edited by WillDanceForChocolate