Paulo Fonseca

Fantail Breeze

13 minutes ago, STM said:

The sheer beauty of the man will get fans onside. Imagine him strutting down the touchline at SJP, turning the likes of Murphy, Manquillo, Lewis and Longstaff into passable Premier league players because he took the time to coach them.

Jeez he might even get some use out of Joelinton.

I don't know if anyone could get a tune out of that useless twat.

I'm amazed with what he's achieved by 48. From what I've read of his career there's some unknowns to how he'd do here, but he seems to have plenty of experience and talent already from other leagues. Definitely way better than Bruce and that's surely the main factor! Way better than Howe, Gerrard and Lampard. He hasn't had the very top success like Conte, and he may end up being the man that only takes us so far before a bigger name comes in when we're doing much better in a couple years, but he sounds smart enough and experienced enough to coach us to improve right now and spend to ensure we stay up in January.

Fuck, I'm in too. Let's do this.

Edited by hakka
Spelling init

18 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Sounds great as long as all those "qualitative opportunities" are falling to someone other than Joelinton.

Seems like there is room for improvement

5rc3s9.jpg

Edited by Conjo

28 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

What we do have at the embargo though is a Martin Samuel piece saying why our takeover is "worse than cash from a bunch of white guys in America" - I don't fancy reading that more than the headline

He’s not actually saying that, he’s saying it don’t worse and why should they be treated differently from the rest.

45 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

What we do have at the embargo though is a Martin Samuel piece saying why our takeover is "worse than cash from a bunch of white guys in America" - I don't fancy reading that more than the headline

It's a very good read...

Interesting (and positive) stuff from Hope on the TF podcast. Talked about Fonseca’s interview. Early interest on Howe died off as they thought he would have been a likely MA appointment. Little interest in Gerrard/Lampard who are making it known they want it. Favre, Garcia, Martinez all in the running as well as PF.

6 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Interesting (and positive) stuff from Hope on the TF podcast. Talked about Fonseca’s interview. Early interest on Howe died off as they thought he would have been a likely MA appointment. Little interest in Gerrard/Lampard who are making it known they want it. Favre, Garcia, Martinez all in the running as well as PF.

Good info :thup: