Transfer rumours

Yorkie

All it takes is 2-3 transfer windows of proper investment with one 60-80m window under Rafa and we’d be easily pushing top 8. Just throwing numbers out but 120m-130m spent over 3 windows and we’d be comfortably where he’d want to be and he’d want to build from there. Rafa is the X factor for the club, and Ashley has him. It’s insane how much he doesn’t care and how he doesn’t see what proper investment would yield on his exit. It’s like he’s got nobody around him who understands how these transactions work, and it’s staggering to me.

Around 2005-2007 just before and when Ashley took over we were on a par if not ahead of Spurs. It was us and them as the main threat to the top 4 of manure Chelsea Arsenal Liverpool.

They showed ambition and got all the best young talent and pushed on whilst under Ashley we went massively backwards. It would be like somebody taking over spurs now and having them relegated twice in the next 10 years and only 1 top 6 finish.

The amount he has lowered the General fans expectations of what Newcastle is and the standard of players we should have is frightening.

A lot of people seem content and happy to accept Ashley's version of NUFC but I haven't forgotten what the real version was and should be like.

Unfortunately you'll always have people/fans who will have swallowed his bullshit and think he's saved the club, sadly for them they'll never see the reality.

Lot of good points being made but the amount of sheep within our support right now is just sad to be honest. I give up after over 40 year of being a season ticket holder because I was not going to have that fat cunt taking the piss out of me and the club a moment longer. My view if I can do it after the years of support I gave then anyone can. Twenty year ago something would have been done but not a chance nowadays. The club is at its worst stage since the McKeag days and even then he had an excuse not being loaded. Now this fat cunt is taking the piss out of the manager, the players and the support whist laughing his cock off and decimating the club. But will we see the support unite and really make the point hard, to the point and at every level- not a hope in hell.

Everyone is making fantastic points and suggesting great things to get rid of him. You just know though as has been said, a hardcore will just think Ashley is right, as mental as that seems despite all the evidence to the contrary staring them in the face.

Around 2005-2007 just before and when Ashley took over we were on a par if not ahead of Spurs. It was us and them as the main threat to the top 4 of manure Chelsea Arsenal Liverpool.

They showed ambition and got all the best young talent and pushed on whilst under Ashley we went massively backwards. It would be like somebody taking over spurs now and having them relegated twice in the next 10 years and only 1 top 6 finish.

The amount he has lowered the General fans expectations of what Newcastle is and the standard of players we should have is frightening.

A lot of people seem content and happy to accept Ashley's version of NUFC but I haven't forgotten what the real version was and should be like.

Unfortunately you'll always have people/fans who will have swallowed his bullshit and think he's saved the club, sadly for them they'll never see the reality.

Lot of good points being made but the amount of sheep within our support right now is just sad to be honest. I give up after over 40 year of being a season ticket holder because I was not going to have that fat cunt taking the piss out of me and the club a moment longer. My view if I can do it after the years of support I gave then anyone can. Twenty year ago something would have been done but not a chance nowadays. The club is at its worst stage since the McKeag days and even then he had an excuse not being loaded. Now this fat cunt is taking the piss out of the manager, the players and the support whist laughing his cock off and decimating the club. But will we see the support unite and really make the point hard, to the point and at every level- not a hope in hell.

Everyone is making fantastic points and suggesting great things to get rid of him. You just know though as has been said, a hardcore will just think Ashley is right, as mental as that seems despite all the evidence to the contrary staring them in the face.

I very much doubt there are many, if any, that think Ashley is in any way "right". Plenty will still attend/support, but they are doing in spite of Ashley, rather than in support of him.

I very much doubt there are many, if any, that think Ashley is in any way "right". Plenty will still attend/support, but they are doing in spite of Ashley, rather than in support of him.

Whilst silently doing it...I shouldn't knock because everyone's heart is in the right place but it's mental cognitive dissonance.

Look there's always people who recommend you Nickleback at a party, or walk up and ask why Fast and the Furious films don't win oscars, or tell you Mrs Browns Boys is great. Bless them they're trying but they're just not paying attention enough and they're the ones who tune in once in a week to football, hear someone proper honest like richard keys slagging rafa who can't even speak english properly and will think, those guys don't like Ashley cos they're out of touch snowflake twats.

(please don't take me too seriously)

"should be more"

I wouldn't be surprised if the Rondon deal is the end of our business tbh. We obviously have our all our chips in for the French LB with Bryan signing for a championship club, that's the only other one I can see as a possibility - if we don't somehow manage to fuck that up.

"should be more"

I wouldn't be surprised if the Rondon deal is the end of our business tbh. We obviously have our all our chips in for the French LB with Bryan signing for a championship club, that's the only other one I can see as a possibility - if we don't somehow manage to fuck that up.

So...

Mitrovic 22

Merino 10

Mbemba 6

Sels 4

Armstrong 3

45m in

Muto 9

Dubravka 4

Schar 3

Kenedy 3? loan fee

Rondon 2m loan fee

Ki 1m signing fee

22m out.

23m profit. We couldn't even manage sell to buy  :lol:

Getting 45m in means we should have spent 65m at the bare minimum. We all accepted not spending much at all last summer thinking that after a year of the new tv deal we would have a big budget this summer but it's even less than last summer. Outrageous it really is

Newcastle United’s players remain locked in a row with Mike Ashley over bonuses and are refusing to fulfil any media commitments until the club’s owner resolves the matter.

With Newcastle facing a potential fine from the Premier League occasioned by the breach of contractual obligations to broadcast rights holders, it hardly represents the ideal overture to their opening Premier League game at home to Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday. The club’s hierarchy faced considerable embarrassment when television reporters, camera crew and photographers turned up at the training ground on Monday for a supposed “open day”.

Under an agreement with the Premier League Newcastle’s players were legally obliged to make themselves available to rights holders including Sky.

Ignoring this structure, they instead refused requests to film the “walk up shots” which are used by television companies to identify individual players when they display so called “green screen” formation graphics before live games.

Rafael Benítez’s squad have been here before. Indeed last summer they reached an agreement with Ashley and Lee Charnley, Newcastle’s managing director, over win bonuses and other incentive-linked payments shortly before the start of the 2017-18 season.

With the Spurs game now getting close, Benítez trusts things will soon be sorted out but, in the meantime, his players are declining all requests to speak to newspaper journalists and have even shunned the club’s in-house television station.

Under Premier League rules the matter must be settled before the lunchtime kick-off on Saturday and it will be interesting to see if it takes another personal intervention from Ashley before a compromise is reached. Last summer the owner stepped in to negotiate directly with Jamaal Lascelles, Newcastle’s captain, after it seemed an impasse with Charnley and the rest of the board could not be broken.

In that instance Lascelles – high on Marco Silva’s Everton shopping list – finally agreed the squad would divide £4m between them were the squad to retain Premier League status, plus an extra £1m for every position they finished above the relegation zone. As Benítez’s side ended up in 10th place they made a collective sum of around £11m.

Although the Premier League is within its rights to fine Newcastle for Monday’s breach of rules it appears to be hoping that a compromise will be reached and the shots needed for the Spurs game – to be screened by Sky – will be obtained in time. Should the row escalate, though, the club can expect sanction.

By way of compounding Newcastle’s problems Benítez has said senior professionals share his concerns about the lack of first-team reinforcements signed this summer. The Spaniard is operating under a sell‑to‑buy policy after Ashley declined to furnish him with the £45m he had originally expected.

Benítez has, however, finally secured the signature of his principal attacking target, the West Bromwich Albion striker Salomón Rondón. The striker moves to Tyneside in a loan swap deal which takes Dwight Gayle to the Hawthorns. Benítez said: “We knew how important experience would be. Salomón has been in the Premier League for a while and he knows how demanding it is.”

Newcastle have also made a £10m offer for Stanley N’Soki, Paris Saint‑Germain’s 19-year-old left‑back and remain in the market for a centre-half.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/06/newcastle-united-media-ban-over-bonuses?CMP=share_btn_tw

nice

last line. £10m (€11.2m) all of a sudden ???

Is that not just the one that was already reported as £6m up front with add ons going up to £10m?  I know its getting reported more recently than that apparent bid, but is there a genuine new source that says its all up front now?

If he's as good as some have said after the French Super Cup then despite him being young i wouldn't be surprised if it's like a Perez signing where nobody expects him to do much but plays a lot.

Assuming it happens of course, the odds would dictate it won't happen.

Guest chopey

I think Ashley's current pet lip is dropping to far over his wallet to spend again this window, sounds like he has a proper strop on.