Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Well £50m plus players sales would be fine, but I don't believe it.

Aye, I'd be fine with that and I'd hope that Rafa would be.

But even if Rafa has been promised that, there's probably a bunch of caveats and conditions hindering the whole recruitment drive and ultimately discrediting any alleged budget. Can't spend more than £15m on any one player, can't buy a player over X age, etc etc. Plus there's the general incompetence of the likes of Charnley to get deals done, plus the inevitable breakdown in communications and changing of the goalposts.

The fact of the matter is, there isn't a defined budget and there never has been, aside from - presumably - those two windows with McClaren.

Well £50m plus players sales would be fine, but I don't believe it.

Aye, I'd be fine with that and I'd hope that Rafa would be.

But even if Rafa has been promised that, there's probably a bunch of caveats and conditions hindering the whole recruitment drive and ultimately discrediting any alleged budget. Can't spend more than £15m on any one player, can't buy a player over X age, etc etc. Plus there's the general incompetence of the likes of Charnley to get deals done, plus the inevitable breakdown in communications and changing of the goalposts.

The fact of the matter is, there isn't a defined budget and there never has been, aside from - presumably - those two windows with McClaren.

Will it include wages too? Wouldn't put it past them.

£50m and sales would do us like, spend that on 2-3 quality improvements (striker/10) then whatever we recoup reinvest elsewhere where required

too much to hope for, i reckon everything hinges on getting lazaar off the wage bill otherwise we'll do a pompey

Course it will be, and agents fees. We budget properly, might not be what we want to hear but it's what any of us would do if say we wanted a new kitchen.. Well I've got 10k gonna spend it all on units  and fuck fitting.

Still player sales will balance wages as well as increase funds... £50m all in would be a decent leap forward imo.

Guest chopey

I’m feeling quite optimistic with the whole situation, Rafa seems happy with what he has been told and I’m confident that we will break our transfer record a couple of times before the window shuts and bring in a number 9 that can get us 20 goals a season as well as keep hold of anyone Rafa wants.

I’m feeling quite optimistic with the whole situation, Rafa seems happy with what he has been told and I’m confident that we will break our transfer record a couple of times before the window shuts and bring in a number 9 that can get us 20 goals a season as well as keep hold of anyone Rafa wants.

Link?

£50m and sales would do us like, spend that on 2-3 quality improvements (striker/10) then whatever we recoup reinvest elsewhere where required

too much to hope for, i reckon everything hinges on getting lazaar off the wage bill otherwise we'll do a pompey

Will it? Assume Kenedy in and Mitrovic out cancel each other out.

That leaves maybe 1 more marquee signing (£20m) and two more mid-tier guys.

Not much to upgrade our squad.

Will it? Assume Kenedy in and Mitrovic out cancel each other out.

That leaves maybe 1 more marquee signing (£20m) and two more mid-tier guys.

Not much to upgrade our squad.

i'm not saying it's ideal by any stretch of the imagination but lets say you go something like

£25m striker

£15m number 10

£10m whatever rafa wants

mitro = kenedy

all other sales = one more quality player

loan one or two more of the kenedy ilk

for a club with the will to do it you could improve our squad with that budget and rafa's knowhow

A decent chunk of the transfer budget will be required to pay for loan players (who will be a much higher proven quality than most players NUFC can afford to buy).

Does the restocking of the under 23 squad come from the same budget? Probably.

Does Rafa keep some money back to spend on training ground improvements?

Just saw that too. Think this one has legs. Been linked with him for a while now, and the price, age and potential to improve are all right up our street.

Would be a very exciting signing. Come on Toons!

By him for £10m, play him twice in the league cup, loan him out for the second half of the season and sell him back to his home country for £3m whilst covering half his wages. 2 years after he’s sold for £60m to Madrid and we forgot to put in a sell on clause.