Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Sounds about right. I was just thinking what I would do in that situation but I can’t really even think of anyone we could afford to sell to raise funds to spend elsewhere. Only really Lejeune or Schar but there aren’t going to bring much in? Gayle would be best off sold if we could get 10m then put that towards a good striker on loan. Other than that we have very little room to manoeuvre.

That boat has sailed, with Gayle injured for 3-4 months (of the 11 remaining on his contract). So it's even worse than you posit :lol:

Guest neesy111

That Galatasaray defender has just followed us on Instagram..

Probably never seen snow.

It does snow in Istanbul.

In a world full of shit sports journalism, Turkey is near the top of the list for made-up bullshit transfer stories. I remember I was in Istanbul a few years ago and there was a full front page article on one of their major sports newspapers with some Besiktas player's agent saying his client had "officially" signed a 5 year contract at Newcastle, he talked about the transfer fee, how much he would be making  and what plans the manager had for him etc.. Never fucking happened :lol:

To be fair to Bruce. All of the great attacking sides have goal scorers throughout the team. Carroll is firing them in. There's goals in midfield with Almiron and ASM. So maybe he's bringing in defenders to chip in with some goals. What's Paul Robinson up to these days?