Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Just now, Nucasol said:

The Athletic understands that Atletico are unlikely to accept this first bid”. 

By not accepting it, they de facto reject it.

Yeah I get that but I just can’t see those words anywhere in the article.

I may still be pissed like. 

Just now, LV said:

Yeah I get that but I just can’t see those words anywhere in the article.

I may still be pissed like. 

I’m using the app and it’s in the Trippier article. Might be a screw up in the web version.

10 minutes ago, joeyt said:

The Athletic:

The right-back is one of the four-to-six arrivals Newcastle hope to make before the end of the window as a minimum. Two centre-backs, a midfielder, a striker and a left-back remain on their wanted list.

That will be a good window.

10 minutes ago, kisearch said:

'Unlikely to be accepted' doesn't mean 'it's been rejected' man, :lol:it means exactly what it says.

Pretty binary situation - if it isn’t accepted NUFC don’t get the player. Therefore another bid is required, meaning by default the former is rejected/superseded.

Only out is if we leave it on the table - which given our predicament I wouldn’t play Lee Charnley ‘who blinks first’ shite with them.

Edited by Nucasol

10 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Hope there's nothing in the Ross Barkley rumours. Possibly someone like Howe could get the best out of him, but, I've heard he's a bit of a troublesome character, wouldn't want that in a relegation battle.

Don’t need that cunt here.

Just now, Ando7 said:

It's gonna be some window from what I'm hearing,both trippier and botman want the moves,Lille asking a lot for botman so hopefully we can agree a fee,strap yourselves in boys .

Any other names of attacking targets ?

Just now, Ando7 said:

It's gonna be some window from what I'm hearing,both trippier and botman want the moves,Lille asking a lot for botman so hopefully we can agree a fee,strap yourselves in boys .

Any other names you’ve heard Ando that haven’t been mentioned much? 

1 minute ago, Ando7 said:

£30m for Botman has been stated or we talking more than that? 

Just now, Dokko said:

6 players in. Over half a team. No way we spend less than £100m this window. Could even be £150-200m.

Depends on how many would be loans, for example I would expect Digne to be loan with mandatory buy option if we stay up.

11 minutes ago, Ando7 said:

TELL US NAMES!!! [emoji38]

20 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Depends on how many would be loans, for example I would expect Digne to be loan with mandatory buy option if we stay up.

Everton don't want a loan though they want to sell him for 25m and that is where we may prosper over Chelsea as Chelsea just want a loan

Got to bear in mind that £30m is the cost of a good/decent PL player these days, it's not an excessive amount of money for most established PL clubs. The fact we consider it outrageous says more about how we've been run recently than the quality we're now looking at. We're now simply paying the going rate for players to improve us, the worrying thing is the number of players like this we actually need... 

10 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Lille are greedy cunts. Always asking for top money. To be fair if I was a fan of them I'd love it. Smart move from them as always. 

Spanish and French clubs alike are going to be asking astronomical fees when they see us coming. Still remember the hoops we had to jump through just to get Gutierrez here, and he turned out to be pretty mediocre in the end. 

23 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Everton need the cash to balance the books. Their new LB is coming in on pretence Digne is leaving for a fee. Chelsea loan off is probably last resort. Rafa will push a sale to us. 

6 in this month and another 6 in the summer. Keep 5-6 of the best of the current lot and the Ashley nightmare is well behind us.  From there on we buy big and sell big continuous improvement until the club is where the owners want it to be. Foundations being laid this month and it's going to be great.

25m for Digne would be class. Rafa doing us a solid if we get him.

We will have to play a longer transfer game with English clubs IMO. Nobody wants to strengthen us. Especially those clubs around us.