Transfer rumours

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Is there a group of humans with a larger sense of self regard than football journalists? An absolute plague on the rest of us

"I'm hearing noises that Boris Johnson will be resigning tomorrow" - doesn't happen - "well I was only going off what my sources told me". You'd be fired in any other journalist job.

Just now, Heron said:

I don't get this craic with Luke Edwards? Is he annoyed because he thinks Sky are taking credit for what other 'journalists' have supposedly discovered?

He's annoyed because everyone knows (and reminds him) that he's a shit journalist every day.

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

I don't get this craic with Luke Edwards? Is he annoyed because he thinks Sky are taking credit for what other 'journalists' have supposedly discovered?

He's just a prick WUM trying to cling on to some kind of imaginary credibility, imagine being upset by that tweet man, stinks of a guilty conscience.

1 minute ago, Heron said:

Pretty much, but tbf more often than not a story is broken by a newspaper reporter, then SSN run it shortly afterwards themselves, quoting “Sky sources” - when every man and his dog knows they’ve just picked it up from an online article/the reporter tweeting it.

Graves is just a presenter - not a reporter. He might have a few connections and is obviously pally with Downie, but he’s not digging out his own exclusives.

Just now, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Pretty much, but tbf more often than not a story is broken by a newspaper reporter, then SSN run it shortly afterwards themselves, quoting “Sky sources” - when every man and his dog knows they’ve just picked it up from an online article/the reporter tweeting it.

Graves is just a presenter - not a reporter. He might have a few connections and is obviously pally with Downie, but he’s not digging out his own exclusives.

:thup:

Cheers for clarifying.

So Edwards kinda has a fair point, I guess. Not really the best/most of professional ways to raise it though, like I suspect his bosses wouldn't be overly pleased... 

Just pathetically childish to play it out over Twitter. 

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

TBF, Luke is often rightly credited with breaking the Henry Mauriss story 

I love that he's given no peace from this mind.

He's a fucking cretin and well and truly played his hand during the takeover debacle. 

Just now, Numbers said:

Luke Edwards was definately a prefect at school.

‘Yeah when I was at school, I wrote my own little newspaper covering the football team. We called it the St Aelfric’s Gazette. The lads always asked me to join in but I was just so happy writing down the things that I saw happening’. Luke takes a sip of his water and looks pensively out the window.

‘But then another boy started to take the things I wrote and use them in the yard when talking to the football lads. Soon they forgot all about me. And the gazette. I think that was the first time that I really appreciated the struggle of journalism’.  

2 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Edwards burned his boats here for the sake of a short term scoop. Then he tried to defend it for the best part of a year until he was finally defeated by those who truly believed. Fuck him.