Transfer rumours

Yorkie

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Back in the day PEA was an excellent striker, but he just doesn't look interested anymore. The goals have dried up and he has disciplinary problems off the pitch. He's exactly the kind of player we should be avoiding.

I agree he's over 30, has made all his money now cause of his bumper contract at arsenal he doesn't have anything to prove and it not like he saying I want 1 last move to win a trophy etc so his ambition isn't there so coming into a relegation scrap he's just not going to dig himself in imo. Too risky

My son (follows La liga) reckons the Seville centre half (carlos) we are in for is an absolute beast and very quick. Likes a hard tackle and a bit of a fight with the strikers as well.

Get him in!!

13 minutes ago, LV said:

We def could do with more quality in before Watford because they have strengthened with, I think, 3 new players at least. 

Plus, wor Eddie seems to like giving players a generous bedding-in period. Not unreasonable for players from foreign leagues, tbf. Which might explain the preference for those with prior PL experience.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

This is my biggest worry really. Whoever we sign, we won’t win games without someone who can come in and score some goals right away. 

Don't see us winning against them without one. Lost 18/20 without CW... Says it all.. 

I'd stay clear of any out of form player who is on 200k+ for now.. PEA, Ramsey, Bale etc.. Unless it's a low-risk loan deal maybe. 

Of the strikers linked, I'm most hopeful about Gabriel Barbosa. He'd give us the widthdrawn, technical striker option we've lacked for years. A player like him can transform our entire attack if he hits the ground running.

And while I'm on FM mode, there are a couple of interesting English wingers with a lot of promise playing abroad - Noni Madueke for PSV and Michael Edwards for Guimaraes. Edwards is too small for the PL maybe but we need more players who have the courage to take risks, to create and run at people.

6 minutes ago, junkhead said:

Of the strikers linked, I'm most hopeful about Gabriel Barbosa. He'd give us the widthdrawn, technical striker option we've lacked for years. A player like him can transform our entire attack if he hits the ground running.

He sounds like a pirate as well.

From the very limited snippets I've seen I think I'd prefer Alvarez but wouldn't say no to Barbosa

6 minutes ago, junkhead said:

I'd stay clear of any out of form player who is on 200k+ for now.. PEA, Ramsey, Bale etc.. Unless it's a low-risk loan deal maybe. 

And while I'm on FM mode, there are a couple of interesting English wingers with a lot of promise playing abroad - Noni Madueke for PSV and Michael Edwards for Guimaraes. Edwards is too small for the PL maybe but we need more players who have the courage to take risks, to create and run at people.

Madueke is an interesting one. Credit him for making the move to PSV rather than loan after loan in England. Hasn’t he been injured this season though?

19 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

This is my biggest worry really. Whoever we sign, we won’t win games without someone who can come in and score some goals right away. 

We do need a striker but I'm pretty confident ASM can play as a 9 under Howe if not. He did well there vs Liverpool and in the second half vs Man U until he went off.

1 hour ago, SiLvOR said:

Bit anxious that we won't have a striker in for Watford. I know that's stupid to say, as not everything will be disclosed to the press, but it's hard not to worry :lol:

Assuming we don't get a striker in, do we go with ASM through the middle? I can't see Howe putting Joelinton up top, he's doing such an amazing job in midfield.

I think there's something in this. We can arguably get away with what we've got in other positions for that game, but not at centre forward. 

I still think Morelos from Rangers/Celtic(?) would be a good buy. Wouldn´t cost too much and knows the rough and tumble of the SPL, suppose it´s the equivalent of taking a bet on a championship striker. He knocks them in for fun up there...

Just now, buzza said:

I still think Morelos from Rangers/Celtic(?) would be a good buy. Wouldn´t cost too much and knows the rough and tumble of the SPL, suppose it´s the equivalent of taking a bet on a championship striker. He knocks them in for fun up there...

You're suggesting a player that you don't know which club he plays for? 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, buzza said:

The standard of the Championship is way higher than the SPL! I’d take a punt on him though, definitely. 

1 minute ago, buzza said:

You've obviously watched loads of his games. Especially the Rangers v Celtic ones yeah?

How do you not know who he plays for? :lol:

Just now, Shearergol said:

You've obviously watched loads of his games. Especially the Rangers v Celtic ones yeah?

How do you not know who he plays for? :lol:

Haven´t actually seen him play but of all the talk about the SPL he is the only head above the parapet when people talk about rated players.

Memory is going (age I suppose):carverlick: