Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest reefatoon

So that old famous line of “Rafa can have all money generated by the club” really just means “you are getting nowt, but you can have the money from player sales”. Great plan that, can’t see a fault in it at all.

So that old famous line of “Rafa can have all money generated by the club” really just means “you are getting nowt, but you can have the money from player sales”. Great plan that, can’t see a fault in it at all.

:yao:

Wonder if this 'cheeky' loan bid (or the thinking behind it) for a player out of contract next Summer resembled something like this.....

"Okay nobody is biting at the release clause. How about you take 6-8m now (standard loan figure.... no or minimal buy-option fee) from us, or risk losing him for nowt in twelve months."

I think we tried to strong-arm them, and they duly told us to fuck off lol

Interesting quotes from Rafa today. Didn’t the exact same thing happen around this time in preseason last year?

Aye I think :thup: although he is saying we bid 20m for Plea so there has to be some money lying around.

Interesting quotes from Rafa today. Didn’t the exact same thing happen around this time in preseason last year?

Aye I think :thup: although he is saying we bid 20m for Plea so there has to be some money lying around.

Or the thumb and the cunt knew £20m would be rejected.

Or the thumb and the cunt knew £20m would be rejected.

Could be forgiven for adopting the skeptical position, by suspecting that we would have promptly hit a brick wall (in negotiations over personal terms, with his agent) if that 'we tried' bid were even accepted.

Wonder if this 'cheeky' loan bid (or the thinking behind it) for a player out of contract next Summer resembled something like this.....

"Okay nobody is biting at the release clause. How about you take 6-8m now (standard loan figure.... no or minimal buy-option fee) from us, or risk losing him for nowt in twelve months."

I think we tried to strong-arm them, and they duly told us to fuck off lol

Absolutely no doubt this is what happened.

Rafa's clearly not happy from them quotes. Basically saying well the club's run like shit but we know this by now so nothing new here.

I'm kind of leaning the other way tbh. He knows this is his last season here, and sees no point getting worked up about it or hiding things any more.

Jesus what a thread to come home to after a 15hr day.

Ashley is a moron when it comes to football, but that's too simplistic because I just don't know his motives or reasoning. I do know he surrounds himself with psycho scum and uses them to do whatever he wishes to achieve.

I think he has genuinely washed his hands with the club, no more speculation, no more trying, no more spending.. he fucked up because his business acumen just 100% doesn't work in the world of football and he didn't know how to adapt.

What fucks me off almost as much as Ashely and co is the spinelss press/media. Will not one brave soul remind us of the quote from his Sky interview, the "We/I can't/won't compete with the likes of Man City etc. etc."

You know the one.

Then point out that apparently we can't compete with anyone in the Premier League and mention all the sums being spent by every fucker bar us. Let's see Ashley (Bishop) worm their way out of that.

Every penny the club generates (my arse), as Thomas pointed out, is a carefully crafted remark they've used before.

Wait till Mitrovic has a season long loan at Fulham with an option for £15m.

Colback on loan to forest, chancel on loan to Porto etc etc

No sales = no signings

Would be a cracking deal for Fulham, provides wiggle room if they're able to complete another bumper signing ie. Malcom outright. Deferring any transfer fee for Mitro suits them just fine, if they're able to make it happen. Us too - allows us to throw Rafa under the bus again, in accordance to the "Rafa will have (can spend) every penny the club can generate (through player sales?)" patter.

The only real hope we have is if the club is sold, but you can bet if someone offers Ashley his asking price (say £400m) all of a sudden the price will be £25m more.

Someone offers £400 Mil - he'll ask for £500 Mil - he has zero intension of selling.

The only real hope we have is if the club is sold, but you can bet if someone offers Ashley his asking price (say £400m) all of a sudden the price will be £25m more.

Someone offers £400 Mil - he'll ask for £500 Mil - he has zero intension of selling.

I was alluding to that, such an arsehole of a man. What enjoyment does he get out of it all, money i suppose, that is his only goal after all.