Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Absolutely fucking outrageous. Shouldn't be surprised any more but it's just so infuriating to listen to this fucking nonsense every transfer window. We 'need to sell to buy' whilst the likes of fucking Fulham are splashing £20m - £30m on players. What is the point in supporting this club?

Mark Douglas reckons they won’t back him coz he won’t sign a contract and Rafa won’t sign coz they won’t back him

It's not backing "him" it's giving the club the best chance of progressing by signing quality players :lol:

Dunno why I'm bothering, but that's maddening.

It's so painfully short sighted and predictable.

Rafa has just confirmed we have to buy to sell what do Fulham have to do with it?

He confirmed we have to sell to buy I think you meant to say. We could sell to Fulham then buy, that was the gist of it.

Wouldn't hold it against him putting a half arsed shift in final season or walking at the last minute to cause as much damage as possible. Normally I'd expect better but it's clear we're never going to do this correctly with Ashley and we may as well stop embarrassing ourselves in the top flight when we can't compete against promoted teams and clubs with any amount of ambition.

The club is dead with or without Rafa, he's just delaying the inevitable.

What a cunt you are Mike Ashley.

Mark Douglas reckons they won’t back him coz he won’t sign a contract and Rafa won’t sign coz they won’t back him

It's not backing "him" it's giving the club the best chance of progressing by signing quality players :lol:

Dunno why I'm bothering, but that's maddening.

I think it should be fairly clear by now that Ashley would rather have a guaranteed £5m profit at the end of each accounting year than spend money on big players who might grow in value or might be a waste of money. Nothing's changed in 10 years other than he hired a proper manager, and he'll most likely move on next summer.

Guest reefatoon

Wonder what happened to that £20m we were supposed to have bid for Plea?  Aahh, yeah. Season ticket renewal deadline day.  Bunch of fucking cunts at our club. Rafa just needs to get out of this shambles as soon as he can.

On the positive, he says we are definitely buying a striker.

Hopefully it works out better than the last time he had to settle for his fourth or fifth choice.

Jesus wept man!

That needs bookmarked for whenever Rafa is getting stick for whichever forward we eventually end up with misses sitters!

why the fuck is rafa still here????

(yes i know what Stiffy said but i dont believe him)

Just want to make it clear that I have had no further conversations with Amanda. For a while and partly because of the conversations I did have with her I have been under the impression that Rafa would only stay with us if 1 of 2 conditions were met.

The first condition was that Ashley and the club would back him.

The second was that Amanda still think she can buy the club.

It has been clear that this summer Ashley and the club have not backed Rafa, and today confirms that. It is therefor been my opinion for a while that Amanda is still under he belief that she can buy the club.

none of that makes sense to me at all like, sounds like club bullshit

This is exactly what's happening to be fair, Caulkin said it months ago on the TF Podcast.  They basically said if he doesn't sign the contract he'll struggle to get players in.  Trying to back him into a corner.

This worry anyone else from the TF podcast with Caulkin re Rafas contract?

It's difficult to know what the club is thinking, but I think they'll be saying 'If you don't sign, we're gona struggle to sign players this summer, it'll be more difficult to sign players' ... When I say 'I think they'll be saying that', they are saying that

why the fuck is rafa still here????

(yes i know what Stiffy said but i dont believe him)

Just want to make it clear that I have had no further conversations with Amanda. For a while and partly because of the conversations I did have with her I have been under the impression that Rafa would only stay with us if 1 of 2 conditions were met.

The first condition was that Ashley and the club would back him.

The second was that Amanda still think she can buy the club.

It has been clear that this summer Ashley and the club have not backed Rafa, and today confirms that. It is therefor been my opinion for a while that Amanda is still under he belief that she can buy the club.

giphy.gif