Transfer rumours

Yorkie

why the fuck is rafa still here????

(yes i know what Stiffy said but i dont believe him)

Just want to make it clear that I have had no further conversations with Amanda. For a while and partly because of the conversations I did have with her I have been under the impression that Rafa would only stay with us if 1 of 2 conditions were met.

The first condition was that Ashley and the club would back him.

The second was that Amanda still think she can buy the club.

It has been clear that this summer Ashley and the club have not backed Rafa, and today confirms that. It is therefor been my opinion for a while that Amanda is still under he belief that she can buy the club.

He's here because of the pay out clause in his contract if he walks.

why the fuck is rafa still here????

(yes i know what Stiffy said but i dont believe him)

Just want to make it clear that I have had no further conversations with Amanda. For a while and partly because of the conversations I did have with her I have been under the impression that Rafa would only stay with us if 1 of 2 conditions were met.

The first condition was that Ashley and the club would back him.

The second was that Amanda still think she can buy the club.

It has been clear that this summer Ashley and the club have not backed Rafa, and today confirms that. It is therefor been my opinion for a while that Amanda is still under he belief that she can buy the club.

Or, neither of those conditions have been 'met'....and Rafa is just seeing out his contract being the pro that he is.

Why are we even in this division if we have no intent to compete or no ambition to even match other teams business.

We are headed back to the Championship at this rate and quite frankly the way we operate under Ashley that's where we belong

Having to sell to buy yet the likes of Fulham,West Ham,Bournemouth,Watford,Huddersfield,Palace are all spending between 18 to 42m on players. We can't even spend that on 3 or 4

The club is never ever going to compete as long as this Fat lying parasite and his cronies are at the helm. Why on earth the press do not question this or that piece of complicit shit Charnley is beyond me

Mark Douglas reckons they won’t back him coz he won’t sign a contract and Rafa won’t sign coz they won’t back him

none of that makes sense to me at all like, sounds like club bullshit

This is exactly what's happening to be fair, Caulkin said it months ago on the TF Podcast.  They basically said if he doesn't sign the contract he'll struggle to get players in.  Trying to back him into a corner.

aye there's probably some truth but it seems a fairly simple thing to sort out

club: rafa sign this contract inc compo clause if you leave and we'll sign players

rafa: why would i leave if you back me? i give you my word, so give me the contract with no clause and i'll sign immediately...tell you what i'll even sign a clause that compo needs paying by another club if i join in 6 months, that do you?  seeing as you're definitely not going to fuck me on transfers again...

club: ....

GD the answer is money, Ashley feels it’s too expensive to compete so he’d rather just attempt to cling on premier league survival.

The real question is why are the fans paying for this treatment?

And I get the Charnley angst but let’s try to keep in mind who is really to blame, im sure any transactions over a certain figure will require authorisation from Ashley.

I'd imagine that Rafa will have his people (lawyers) looking at these latest developments. Didn't Ashley promise Rafa that he could 'have every last penny, that the club earned'? What a joke NUFC is - it's only being held together by one man and when he walks, we are done. We are a zombie club.

Mark Douglas reckons they won’t back him coz he won’t sign a contract and Rafa won’t sign coz they won’t back him

none of that makes sense to me at all like, sounds like club bullshit

This is exactly what's happening to be fair, Caulkin said it months ago on the TF Podcast.  They basically said if he doesn't sign the contract he'll struggle to get players in.  Trying to back him into a corner.

aye there's probably some truth but it seems a fairly simple thing to sort out

club: rafa sign this contract inc compo clause if you leave and we'll sign players

rafa: why would i leave if you back me? i give you my word, so give me the contract with no clause and i'll sign immediately...tell you what i'll even sign a clause that compo needs paying by another club if i join in 6 months, that do you?  seeing as you're definitely not going to fuck me on transfers again...

club: ....

Well....aye, you would think.  But as you know though, nothing's simple with these :lol:

This shouldn't even be a thing.  A normal club would have had Rafa tied down long ago, and had a couple of his number 1 targets through the door already.  But here we are, still a fuckin shambles.

It’s utterly unfathomable to think about the level of trust and money given to Carr and that incompetent island headed cunt yet Rafa gets nothing. Fuck them. No coincidence that the Plea bid coincided with seaso ticket renewal.

All really disappointing. I can't figure out what is the greater miracle, Rafa coming or Rafa still being here. He's an ambitious man but he's being actively prevented from taking the club forward. Does he actually have enough faith in his own ability to think he can take us beyond the ceiling Ashley has implemented, or does he know something we don't re a takeover?

All really disappointing. I can't figure out what is the greater miracle, Rafa coming or Rafa still being here. He's an ambitious man but he's being actively prevented from taking the club forward. Does he actually have enough faith in his own ability to think he can take us beyond the ceiling Ashley has implemented, or does he know something we don't re a takeover?

Both are pretty unbelievable.

I'd imagine that Rafa will have his people (lawyers) looking at these latest developments. Didn't Ashley promise Rafa that he could 'have every last penny, that the club earned'? What a joke NUFC is - it's only being held together by one man and when he walks, we are done. We are a zombie club.

I doubt he'll bother tbh, he's got a season left to run down, if he gets another couple of signings in, loan or otherwise, he'll see us safe then move on.

I think the promise was every penny the club generates and I'm sure there's a reason for that specific wording that would keep him out of trouble.

It's all just fucking trash tbh. Hate waking up to this news.

Club has generated 125milliom in tv money alone.

Minus ~70m in wages for the year ahead and another 55m towards servicable debt from relegation carried forward whoops sorry rafa nothing to spend *fats away in helicopter*

I genuinely hope Rafa does an intentional relegation.  Just do it.

torn whether i'd rather just see him walk now rather than give us another year of hope

Not arsed personally, although I would always prefer seeing us run properly, even if it's just a year. I have no doubt we'll go tits up once Ashley hires another clown to do what he's told.

The only time fat man will spend is if the club is in serious danger or it sbeen relegated and it requires investment on a quick return to the premiership. 

All this created by the fat fool himself and his poor ownership and forward thinking.

Feel really sorry for Rafa. He desperately wants the club to succeed and he clearly has a huge affinity to the area and the supporters but he knows he can never make a success of things here due to the owner. It's such a crying shame and a massive opportunity wasted. He'll see out his contract and get a big job next summer.