Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I genuinely hope Rafa does an intentional relegation.  Just do it.

torn whether i'd rather just see him walk now rather than give us another year of hope

Let's face it. There won't be any real hope under the Fat Cunt. We need relegation to force him out.  I don't mind go straight to League One to be honest.

Guest ElCid

On the positive, he says we are definitely buying a striker.

Hopefully it works out better than the last time he had to settle for his fourth or fifth choice.

Exactly as I said but some people including on here just don’t get it and think oh it’s one of Rafas targets he will be ok even though it’s his 5th or 6th choice

Man ... you can really tell the World Cup is over.

The sky has truly fallen in this place.

Or could just be a reflection of current reality:

1. Promising midfielder sold back to Spain.

2. Promising winger signed on loan.

3. Midfielder signed on free transfer.

4. Rafa not signing a contract extension.

Obviously when we make two signings for £40m+ the mood will lift considerably....

Hopefully it works out better than the last time he had to settle for his fourth or fifth choice.

Exactly as I said but some people including on here just don’t get it and think oh it’s one of Rafas targets he will be ok even though it’s his 5th or 6th choice

Loving the self congratulations nature of that post. Bravo sir.

I think 99.9% of people have been saying the same thing (at least on here) though, so don't start ordering yourself a badge quite yet...

Obviously when we make two signings for £40m+ the mood will lift considerably....

5. Another promising midfielder putting a request to leave in.

6. Being linked with West Brom strikers who some, rightly or wrongly, deem no better than what we already have

7. The manager, only person at the club we really trust, having to tell fans that we're wheeling and dealing

We will try to sign the right players with the characteristics that we will need for the games. If you go early, you can sign the first or second choice.

If not, you go deeper and deeper (down the list of targets). The fans need to understand these players here are giving everything, so we have to support them.

We cannot say ‘oh, he is not good enough’ because, sometimes you cannot sign the players you want but the players that are good for you and the squad.

At least we are trying to bring professionals that care.

:slowclap:

5. Another promising midfielder putting a request to leave in.

6. Being linked with West Brom strikers who some, rightly or wrongly, deem no better than what we already have

7. The manager, only person at the club we really trust, having to tell fans that we're wheeling and dealing

8. Dubravka

The club aren't going to spend any money in any circumstances. Ashley knows sacking Rafa would practically put his life in danger so is making sure he leaves at end of contract or better yet for him quits. If Rafa signed the new deal, he would still get no money but would be trapped so he couldn't afford to quit and continue keeping the club up through miracles. No doubt when Rafa walks away the club will try to spin it like they tried, like they do everything. They're not trying.

The only hope is Ashley sells before end of the season, but that won't happen. Staverley, and for the record not sure she was necessarily the saviour she was hoped to be even if she'd bought the club, took a look at the accounts and came up with a value drastically lower than Ashley's that now every prospective buyer has seen. Any future buyer Ashley has said need to put in a deposit to look at the accounts, so instead they'll look at Staverley's bid and conclude she is unlikely to have drastically undervalued it, Ashley is just hoping someone pays the deposit and stumps up far more than needed rather than lose the deposit.

The only hope is widespread protest, which won't happen under Rafa because he performs miracles. Or something terrible happens to Ashley's business empire so he becomes desperate to cash in to reinvest the capital.

Guest ElCid

[tweet]1019181662712860672[/tweet]

Loving the self congratulations nature of that post. Bravo sir.

I think 99.9% of people have been saying the same thing (at least on here) though, so don't start ordering yourself a badge quite yet...

Self congratulating when my club is being ruined by a fat odious prick I don’t think so.

Even Rafa's 5th choice target is someone that he believes can do a job, I think that's the thing that gives people a small amount of consolation. Obviously we want his first choice, but we're desperate people here.

That doesn't really fit with the grief Joselu gets.

Even Rafa's 5th choice target is someone that he believes can do a job, I think that's the thing that gives people a small amount of consolation. Obviously we want his first choice, but we're desperate people here.

So who is at fault? Joselu for not being up to the task? Rafa's for wrongly identifying a player, or ours for not recognising the important role Joselu performs?

So who is at fault? Joselu for not being up to the task? Rafa's for wrongly identifying a player, or ours for not recognising the important role Joselu performs?

Mike fucking Ashley!

Well no signing is ever guaranteed to do a job :lol:

Guest ElCid

Ashley only person at fault for everything this club now is

Guest reefatoon

It's going to be hard to wheel and deal when you don't really have any asset's that could bring in the type of money needed. If we only end up bringing in cheap shite, then we are only going to be able to sell cheap shite. No money forever.

Don't really get the math if the rags are still saying we have 40-50m to start with plus sales. We have an extra 10 from Merino and have offloaded Gamez and Haidara so far with Colback, Mitro and Mbemba all close too.

Either we don't have the 40-50m budget they keep saying we have or Rafa is playing a few mind games.

Blatantly both.

Don't really get the math if the rags are still saying we have 40-50m to start with plus sales. We have an extra 10 from Merino and have offloaded Gamez and Haidara so far with Colback, Mitro and Mbemba all close too.

Either we don't have the 40-50m budget they keep saying we have or Rafa is playing a few mind games.

Blatantly both.

Rafa just isn't being given the funds.  Simple as that really. 

Guest chopey

Cardiff have just come back from a few years in the wilderness and they were swimming in debt when they went down so how come they have spent £30 million ?

Cardiff have just come back from a few years in the wilderness and they were swimming in debt when they went down so how come they have spent £30 million ?

Devil’s advocate, but what’s their wage bill? If you’ve budgeted for a Championship wage bill on a Championship budget, when you get the mass of money coming in then it’ll be easier?