Transfer rumours

Yorkie

44 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

What kind of ‘defender’ is he? (Thanks Chronicle). 

Last time I saw him play was when he was at IK Start in the Norwegian top division. He was an attacking midfielder then. Captain too. At 16.

No idea what he's like as a defender. Hope this helps.

Edited by Unlucky Luque

49 minutes ago, Kanji said:

is he any good? 

Probably around mid-table PL quality with potential to be better in a harder league (or fall through in a harder league). Potential is there. Big and strong yet agile. Sometimes played as a playmaking DM in the national side. Could compare him a bit to Colo really, but taller. Time will tell if he can do as well in a big league but he's taken all the steps up well so far.

Looks a really unique talent for a centre back. Fantastic ability on the ball.

Would be sickening to see all that ability completely wasted in a Bruce team. 

That is not the type of defender we should be signing under Steve Bruce. Would be pointless.

Fuck off man, could you see that happening in our team? Shelvey passes back to Ritchie who passes to Ajer who gets pissed off with passing across the back 4, runs past Shelvey, to the centre circle and lays off a pass for ASM to finish the run off.

Get real, we’ll get Alex Bruce turning his back and passing to Dubravka.

Edited by Stifler

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Looks a really unique talent for a centre back. Fantastic ability on the ball.

Would be sickening to see all that ability completely wasted in a Bruce team. 

That is not the type of defender we should be signing under Steve Bruce. Would be pointless.

He played his entire youth career as an AM before being converted to a CB/DM when he was around 17/18, made him a lot more offensive and comfortable on the ball than your average big and tall CB.

Edited by Kaizero

Just to point out, cos I can't resist: getting deals done quickly is yet another thing the shithead's predecessor never had the benefit of. Makes a huge difference. 

Such constraints Bruce has on him. Competitive budgets and transfers delivered promptly? Dunno how he manages. 

9 hours ago, Pilko said:

"Quick deal" :lol: we've probably been monitoring, assessing and considering a bid for about four years then.

:lol: someone dusting off Carr’s scouting books from down the basement 

Still at a loss as to how our reported budget is so low.

Usual Ashley antics? 

If it's really only 12-17m then we're pretty much going to be outspent by everyone including the promoted teams. Loss of revenue due to covid didn't just affect us, but would happily bet thats the excuse when we're scraping around for free transfers on deadline day

According to reports, Palace will be letting Townsend, Van Anhold, Cahill among other leave on frees.

I’d take all 3 for a season instead of spunking £8m on a new CB. Spend the full transfer budget on a new CM and try and get a striker in on loan. 

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

According to reports, Palace will be letting Townsend, Van Anhold, Cahill among other leave on frees.

I’d take all 3 for a season instead of spunking £8m on a new CB. Spend the full transfer budget on a new CM and try and get a striker in on loan. 

I'd take Benteke above the lot myself.  Bin Carroll.

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

Horrible signings. All three are past their best and all three are going into the latter stages of their career.

6 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Horrible signings. All three are past their best and all three are going into the latter stages of their career.

Van Anhold is comfortably better than both of our LB options even if he is past his best.