Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Not sure about the finances due to covid but have we not just lost the £25 million from 19 home games ? TV money is still there, we don't spend daft amounts on wages, the government has paid for the staff and we don't get money off match day food ect anyway, £12million seems a bit low, is Ashley pocketing again ? 

3 hours ago, TRon said:

Means nothing if you ask me. Since the PL blocked the takeover, Ashley will be running the club as he sees fit. 

He's our best club asset - if PIF agreed to pay £300mil then surely they'll expect the best player as part of that deal.

5 minutes ago, duo said:

He's our best club asset - if PIF agreed to pay £300mil then surely they'll expect the best player as part of that deal.

I think at this point PIF won't really be in any position to dictate who is bought or sold, they'd need to have at least some confidence the takeover is going to be allowed, and at this stage it's very much up in the air at best. 

I hate Ashley, but he got market price or more for Sissoko and Gini. Gini was good but very inconsistent when we sold him. Did he ever score in an away game? Sissoko was a degree of revenge on Spurs for all of the good players they poached from us for buttons. Based on the prices of those two when we had just been relegated, ASM will not be given away. If he goes, we would likely hold out for decent money.

Joelinton has proved money can be easily frittered away on prospects, and any big fee for ASM could easily be pissed away too. 

Some wheeler dealery speculation could be made about how to get Willock, e.g., selling Almiron, but with Covid-19 it's hard to know what money each club has to spend. This also assumes a sudden burst of ambition we have seen little of over 14 years.

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

Literally no one said this, come on man. 

Literally no one literally said all the literal words in literal order, sure. Can we use our two brain cells though and maybe conclude there was an implication in this post? 

13 hours ago, duo said:

fine, "dealbreaker" is a little hyperbolic on my part but the gist is still I think he's inconsequential to the sale. A non-factor.

Edited by thomas

Guest reefatoon

Do a swap deal for Shelvey, Hayden, Hendrick, and the Longstaffs. If they don’t want to go for that, just melt them all down to glue and slap that in the middle of the field. Would be damn more effective. Fucking hell man, what an utter lifting bunch of midfielders we have.

Choudhury is just an ever so slightly more mobile version of Hayden isn't he? Think both he and Willock would compliment each other well. Signing only Choudhury though and not Willock is pointless.

Guest reefatoon

Not really, he’s also shit and a massive soft cunt. Boils my piss the way he rolls around every game. He might stand out a little bit with the shower of shit around him but he’s basically shite too.

Guest reefatoon
26 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Boils down to this with Hayden

Who would you rather dropped into central defense as part of Brucies back 8...

Hayden? Or Shelvey?

I know who I'd choose.

Can we have a third option where Bruce, Shelvey and Hayden are all jettisoned into the sun

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Choudhury is just an ever so slightly more mobile version of Hayden isn't he? Think both he and Willock would compliment each other well. Signing only Choudhury though and not Willock is pointless.

He’s nowhere near as good as Hayden like. He’s also not mobile at all. A combination of Shelvey and Cattermole.

Thick as mince, lazy as fuck and makes horrible tackles to show how he ‘gets stuck in’.

Offers nothing from a footballing point of view. 

A signing like this would show we have zero ambition though and would be a good enough reason to not watch next year.

45 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He’s nowhere near as good as Hayden like. He’s also not mobile at all. A combination of Shelvey and Cattermole.

Thick as mince, lazy as fuck and makes horrible tackles to show how he ‘gets stuck in’.

Offers nothing from a footballing point of view. 

A signing like this would show we have zero ambition though and would be a good enough reason to not watch next year.

Fair enough. Know nowt about the lad. Sounds promising. :lol:

Lads need their heads shaking if they are happy with us signing Hamza Choudhury. 

He’s a living example of why Leicester have gone from League 1 to overtaking us over night. Last few years they’ve just brought better midfielders, and kept him as back up. 

Lads been in first team for years now, he’s 23. Never shown any signs of making it at Leicester, why would we want anything to do with him? 

Even Leicester fans think he’s a bunch of toss. 

I’m sure if you go back 12 months you can find something said to the exact replica regarding us signing Hendrick.

Edited by Abra Dubravka

Why do we seem to be fixated on Choudhary as if he's the next Messi. If the press are to be believed, we've been chasing him since last summer and from what i've seen of him, he's shite. What's the obsession?!

Edited by Holmesy

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

Why do we seem to be fixated on Choudhary as if he's the next Messi. If the press are to be believed, we've been chasing him since last summer and from what i've seen of him, he's shite. What's the obsession?!

Costs nowt (loan)