Transfer rumours

Yorkie

14 years of this shite. Owned by a billionaire and operating in the richest league in the world and we act like we're Arkwright's corner shop and everyone else is Tesco. Where the fuck is the money? How do we get away with barely anyone in the media interrogating and hanging out to dry the utter absurdity of our transfer dealings year after year after fucking year?

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

14 years of this shite. Owned by a billionaire and operating in the richest league in the world and we act like we're Arkwright's corner shop and everyone else is Tesco. Where the fuck is the money? How do we get away with barely anyone in the media interrogating and hanging out to dry the utter absurdity of our transfer dealings year after year after fucking year?

Because supporters have been divided and groomed into believing that this is their lot and things will get no better. Add to that, that Ashley has the likes of Sky and Talkshite in his back pocket, with plenty of client journalism going on.

Guest reefatoon

I wonder what percentage of the crowd have known nothing else but Ashley in charge. These might be the fans that will need the most work to stop/protest/give up as this is all they have known. I feel like a lot of the older fans have already stopped going as they can see what an utterly lost cause it all is.

Edited by reefatoon

https://tbrfootball.com/report-newcastle-turned-down-15m-move-to-join-west-brom/ - August 2019, Bruce had come in a few weeks earlier. Off the back of a Rondon-Gayle swap season, with Rondon in China with Rafa by this point 

Despite that, Newcastle were willing to let him leave if a suitable offer was made, with two years left on Gayle’s contract. The Toon agreed a deal which would see West Brom sign him on loan, with a £15m permanent clause.

But Gayle has turned down the move for two reasons. One, he wants to fight for his place at Newcastle and two, if he was to leave it needed to be immediately permanent. Stoke City tried to do the latter, but could not agree terms.

"It’s understood Newcastle agreed a season-long loan deal with a guaranteed permanent £15million transfer if the Baggies are promoted this week – but Gayle said no to the deal. United were due to bank £5million for the loan deal if it went through. West Brom instead turned to Charlie Austin on deadline day." From the Chronicle article it's quoting, up to £20m with £15m guaranteed (they weren't promoted "this week" despite the article being in August, think it's referencing events in May?) 

Edited by nbthree3

27 days until the end of the transfer window. 12 days until our first Premier League game.

Outgoings so far (I'm including Willock only as he's a loss to the team, and a saving in wages):

Muto

Carroll

Lejeune

Atsu

Saivet

Willock

Incomings so far:

53 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s an insane way to run a football club :lol:

I'm quite enjoying it this summer since Bruce is in charge. 

"Can we get a defender in?" (No)

"Can we persuade Arsenal to do a deal for Willock?" (No)

"Can we get someone else in if they don't want to sell??" (No)

"Can I get a personal meeting with the might Mike Ashley?" (piss off)