Transfer rumours

Yorkie

8 hours ago, Dokko said:

Most likely we’re using it to our advantage. We’ll get back to you kind of tact. Rather than listing off a 3rd choice we may need to pick up early doors. 

I'd really like to believe this, but Occam's razor. The club probably don't have our shit together yet. 

• Firing Bruce took too long.

• Hiring Howe took too long.

• Hiring DOF is taking too long.

• Different stakeholders with different opinions and priorities.

• They've never done this before.

Glad that Howe at least knows what he's doing.

1 hour ago, Inferior Acuña said:

If Gini'd come I think it'd be great. He disappeared at times but he also showed he can be impactful in a shit relegation bound team. Additionally, I suspect the latter half of this season won't be the gloomy miserable time it was under McClaren when he'd go missing.

Instant reaction was no.

But I am coming around to your way if thinking. The rumour is probably BS. But if he is interested, I think he could add something. Knows something about gegenpressing from his time at Liverpool. Maybe Howe can use him?

39 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Can't think of a worse transfer move than handing out a long term, record breaking deal to a player that is past his prime years and taking a step down in the career ladder.

Yeo totally agree, we don’t want to go for players on the downward slope and giving longish term contracts on massive wages. It’s a very bad business model to go down that road. 

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Can't think of a worse transfer move than handing out a long term, record breaking deal to a player that is past his prime years and taking a step down in the career ladder.

Are we talking about a record-breaking deal? Didn't realize. Than no. Definite no. Thought it was a loan.

Whoever we sign is going to be on massive wages, like. 

Going to have to overpay to attract any sort of quality in the position we'll be in come January. 

Think Lingard would be a good signing personally. 

Gini on loan would be amazing. The focus has to be on survival, and developing a playing style dependent on someone else's players, necessitating a start from near zero next summer, is a perfectly acceptable price to pay for staying up. Like the SD signs in the stadium, there is plenty to undo before we can start actively working toward the future.

I'd like to point out that Eddie Howe transfer "failure" Dominic Solanke currently has 16 goals. Its a higher % of Bournemouth's total than Mitro's 21 are of Fulham's. With the FCB out of the way, I expect us to sign players very high up the manager's wants list. Since the manager is Eddie Howe, I expect those to be players who'll improve us.

9 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Bags of ability and an instant upgrade on anything we have, but we know he immediately downs tools when the going gets tough.

This was 6 years ago in his first season here tbf. He’d not have got away at a club like Liverpool under a manager like Klopp for 5 years if there wasn’t something about him.

42 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Gini didn't do that well for us first time round, in a struggling side. Will he do any better in another struggling side?

I think it’s dead easy to look at his goal stats and decide he was a good player for us but he went completely missing in games. Even when Benitez was here he was shocking and ended up being dropped in a relegation run in. 

For what it’s worth I think he’s a top class player but he isn’t a player you want when you’re scrapping for your lives. He’s proven that before. 

It tells you nowt tbf, being in a relegation scrap doesn't mean you need to shut teams out and flap your arse trying to scrape draws and 1-0 wins.

Howe and Rafa have completely different philosophies, Rafa also didn't like Ben Arfa, completely understandable given the type of manager he is but you'd be hard pressed to say Hatem looked bad for us.

Gini was a forward/winger when he was here too, we also had a much better squad.

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

It tells you nowt tbf, being in a relegation scrap doesn't mean you need to shut teams out and flap your arse trying to scrape draws and 1-0 wins.

Howe and Rafa have completely different philosophies, Rafa also didn't like Ben Arfa, completely understandable given the type of manager he is but you'd be hard pressed to say Hatem looked bad for us.

Gini was a forward/winger when he was here too, we also had a much better squad.

When did Rafa have Ben Arfa?

8 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Rafa decided Moussa Sissoko was better in a scrap than him. That should say alot about how suitable a signing Gini would be. 

It tells you that Rafa thought that Sissoko was better suited to carry out his game plan. Howe does things differently and might have made different choices.