Transfer rumours

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Absolutely do not want Wijnaldum back here like. He's a good player but he was utterly anonymous for most of that season when we went down. Particularly away from home. 

I don't think he's suited to playing in a side that forfeits control of the game. He'd played for Ajax and PSV before us, two teams that dominate possession. It's no suprise that he did well at Liverpool too. Us though, wanting to hit other teams on the break? No.

You do realise Eddie Howe is manager now right?

39 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

One of the best players I’ve ever seen at keeping the . Barely if ever has as bad touch. Thought he was class personally 

He could shield the ball from 3 players and wriggle away under pressure, that’s a skill in itself, he has such good control and feet work, plus decent technique and reads danger well. He doesn’t panic under pressure.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

You do realise Eddie Howe is manager now right?

What's your point? Do you think this side that has sat back and tried to hit other teams on the break for years now is suddenly going to transform into a possession based team that dominates to opposition? They're nowhere near good enough for that and if that's the way Howe wants to play, it'll be gradual. 

Shteve was shite but Rafa couldn't get a tune out of him either. In fact he was probably worse under Benitez. 

If you're looking at players to keep us in this division, Gini ain't it. As we've seen before.

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

What's your point? Do you think this side that has sat back and tried to hit other teams on the break for years now is suddenly going to transform into a possession based team that dominates to opposition? They're nowhere near good enough for that and if that's the way Howe wants to play, it'll be gradual. 

Shteve was shite but Rafa couldn't get a tune out of him either. In fact he was probably worse under Benitez. 

If you're looking at players to keep us in this division, Gini ain't it. As we've seen before.

That would be helped massively if we had players capable of enabling us to play more possession football… Gini would give us that at least! 

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

That would be helped massively if we had players capable of enabling us to play more possession football… Gini would give us that at least! 

Exactly. It took Keegan a couple of months before he got the players deprogrammed from Allardyce's route one methods, but he did it, and by the end of the season that team was playing better football than they had for years. 

Howe has already shown improvement, and I expect it to get better week on week. Get a couple of better players in and the football will improve exponentially.  

Mad that we have Shelvey and Willock as our starting midfield partnership and people wouldn't take Wijnaldum on loan like [emoji38]

I don't think theres any chance we'd get him but it seems every name we're linked to at the moment people don't want us to sign. 

50 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Absolutely do not want Wijnaldum back here like. He's a good player but he was utterly anonymous for most of that season when we went down. Particularly away from home. 

I don't think he's suited to playing in a side that forfeits control of the game. He'd played for Ajax and PSV before us, two teams that dominate possession. It's no suprise that he did well at Liverpool too. Us though, wanting to hit other teams on the break? No.

Never played for Ajax.

1 hour ago, Jaqen said:

Mad that we have Shelvey and Willock as our starting midfield partnership and people wouldn't take Wijnaldum on loan like [emoji38]

I don't think theres any chance we'd get him but it seems every name we're linked to at the moment people don't want us to sign. 

Only one I've properly hated being linked is Ben Mee tbh. Old, plays for the most basic system in the league, has no experience outside of that system and has never been rated much. 

19 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Only one I've properly hated being linked is Ben Mee tbh. Old, plays for the most basic system in the league, has no experience outside of that system and has never been rated much. 

Mee is almost certainly going to West Ham I've heard.

30 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

And yet still better than Lascelles and Clark at least. 

Would take Wijnaldum back on loan, but I do still resent that second half of 15-16. People oft say he only turned up for home games, he actually only tuned up for the first half of home games in 15-16. Second half of that season he was completely anonymous and dropped by Benitez. 

That was however mostly under McClaren who was absolutely hopeless. Howe wouldn't tolerate it and he would infinitely improve our midfield options. Do still feel though that whilst we need a whole new midfield (or squad) I'd focus on a defensive midfielder. Posted about him a few times now but Boubacar Kamara from Marseille is quality, plays as a DM (can also play CB) will have 6 months left on his contract in January. Competition for him and our league position may sway that one though.

33 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Would take Wijnaldum back on loan, but I do still resent that second half of 15-16. People oft say he only turned up for home games, he actually only tuned up for the first half of home games in 15-16. Second half of that season he was completely anonymous and dropped by Benitez. 

That was however mostly under McClaren who was absolutely hopeless. Howe wouldn't tolerate it and he would infinitely improve our midfield options. Do still feel though that whilst we need a whole new midfield (or squad) I'd focus on a defensive midfielder. Posted about him a few times now but Boubacar Kamara from Marseille is quality, plays as a DM (can also play CB) will have 6 months left on his contract in January. Competition for him and our league position may sway that one though.

I would personally withhold any judgement on players based on previous regimes. We've got a hint already that Howe can re-energise players who previously looked useless - just have to look at Joelinton, Lewis and even Shelvey. A lot of players just need to be managed and given clear direction. 

5 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

[emoji38] for some reason I've got vivid memories of Rafa dropping him. Fuck knows whats going on there

No. The King got rid of him. Cabbagehead signed him at Hull on loan and fell out with him.

Edited by Skeletor

Yeah, I'd hope we could find another player rather than bring back Gini for a relegation survival scrap. Don't think he'd be up for it at all, having recently been with the likes of Liverpool and PSG.

24 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I'd hope we could find another player rather than bring back Gini for a relegation survival scrap. Don't think he'd be up for it at all, having recently been with the likes of Liverpool and PSG.

If he signs for us I imagine he would be up for it, he can turn us down if he wants like. I mean, not that we'll be signing him anyway.

4 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

If he signs for us I imagine he would be up for it, he can turn us down if he wants like. I mean, not that we'll be signing him anyway.

Yeah, that's true. At least this time he'd know what he 's walking into.

Why are you guys interested in our striker Darwin Nunez?

He is pretty much horrible. He's strong and can run, but he's always looking down while running, zero awareness of the game around him, has 2 horrible feet when it comes the time to treat the ball right.

Why do you want to buy overpriced horrible players?

Well... I guess I won't try to understand anymore. Just give us the fucking money and take this one and Vlachodimos. [emoji38]

Edited by jotenko