Transfer rumours

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Getting on a bit then, but he is quality. I suppose these are the type of players who you would realistically be able to get through the door in January if you are just after a short term fix, money no object. 

Ian Rush, John Barnes, Stuart Pearce........all superb players in their prime

Didn't work out too well for us

1 hour ago, Raconteur said:

There’s also the three year period that has now advanced six months since they were hamstrung in summer - some expensive transfers would no longer count towards FFP

Transfer fees are amortised over the length of a player's contract rather than being shown in the accounts as a lump sum when the transfer is made. Looking at their accounts Everton will be hamstrung by FFP for a while yet.

27 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Ian Rush, John Barnes, Stuart Pearce........all superb players in their prime

Didn't work out too well for us

No they didn't, but perhaps they relied a bit more on pace which was gone by the time they got to us. Tbf the Dzeko rumours might be total BS so not worth really arguing the toss until we know more. 

28 minutes ago, Collage said:

Dzeko has played 17 games for Inter this season and scored 8 goals. They don’t want to sell him mid-season and why would he want to leave?

If he's 35 then money will be a big factor for both Milan and Dzeko. 

It's not exactly the statement of intent we were all hoping for though is it?

Yes he may well be better than what we have (not difficult), but it doesn't indicate that there are plans for massive investment in the playing squad

Plus, I thought it was a given that the '6' had agreed to refuse to deal with us.

Hope it's not true as all PIF/Stavely/Rueben choices so far stink of pulling the pissed ugly munter at the end of the night 'cos it's all they can get rather than putting in effort to get who they actually want

50 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Dzeko would be the perfect choice imo. 35 so wouldn’t cost the earth but still playing at a high level. Might be looking for a big pay day at his age but aslong as he comes with the right mentality it shouldn’t be a problem

Dzeko would be a disaster for us at his age now.

He wasn't quick enough for this league when he was last here, and he's only got slower. Mitrovic would be a better signing at present. That does not mean i think he would be a good signing or someone we should look at

7 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Yes he may well be better than what we have (not difficult), but it doesn't indicate that there are plans for massive investment in the playing squad

Plus, I thought it was a given that the '6' had agreed to refuse to deal with us.

Hope it's not true as all PIF/Stavely/Rueben choices so far stink of pulling the pissed ugly munter at the end of the night 'cos it's all they can get rather than putting in effort to get who they actually want

What if he was signed alongside Botman though? In isolation its impossible to tell if its a statement if intent or not, but he would be a useful addition.

Edited by The Prophet

9 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

:lol: The window hasn't even opened yet man

9 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

I think the priority for this January window will be to sign players to get us to safety. We can worry about statement signings next season.