Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Striker will be the most difficult one to get. Also not always easy to get right. We need 2 most likely. Hopefully one of them can play in a more wide forwward role. Less  important if we have Trippier plus a new LB to give more width, but still

11 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I'd love Hendrick to be binned, like. Absolutely love it.

I kind of feel a bit sorry for the lad tbh. He's nowhere near good enough, definitely not the player we thought he was when we signed him and we literally only snapped him up because he was free - none of that is his fault. I wish him no malice at all but his future undoubtedly lies elsewhere 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Did he turn Milan down or did they just not offer a contract in the end? The daft twat.

Turned them down in favour of “go play!” tactics and “dust worself” team talks. 

6 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

I kind of feel a bit sorry for the lad tbh. He's nowhere near good enough, definitely not the player we thought he was when we signed him and we literally only snapped him up because he was free - none of that is his fault. I wish him no malice at all but his future undoubtedly lies elsewhere 

He’s been as bad as I thought he would be to be fair.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

He’s been as bad as I thought he would be to be fair.

I hadn't seen enough of him to judge but I thought Irish international, might have a bit about him. He scored a goal in his first couple of games as well didn't he, but that was the only highlight of his time here. Typical Ashley signing

20 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

definitely not the player we thought he was when we signed him and we literally only snapped him up because he was free - none of that is his fault.

He’s exactly the player I knew he was, hopeless, Colback 2.0

Just now, Peppe said:

Are Villa super rich or why would the likes of Coutinho want to go there? 🤷🏻‍♂️

They’re paying less than 50% of his current wages. He’s going there because of Gerrard and the CEO, and because he’s been injured/crap for the last two years. 

I’m sure he will be a big upgrade. But just looks and seems like a BTEC Maddison and I can’t stand that fucker, for all that he is a quality player. 

I feel like a mobile DM that can actually pass and tackle and has an ounce of positional sense is much more important. 

5 minutes ago, Collage said:

Any reports of us making a bid for a CM or CF yet?

No out-and-out CM rumours since the window opened that i can recall. A couple of CAM/#10 types mentioned.

Barbosa, Cabral, PEA and Brereton-Diaz have been mentioned for up top but nothing concrete

6 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

No out-and-out CM rumours since the window opened that i can recall. A couple of CAM/#10 types mentioned.

Barbosa, Cabral, PEA and Brereton-Diaz have been mentioned for up top but nothing concrete

Ramsey, Kamara, Veretout, Bruno Guimares, Cantwell have been linked for midfield. Upfront has had a few too, including Vlahovic (I know), both Ousmane and Moussa Dembele, even Julian Alvarez and Darwin Nunez (latter two extremely tenuous, similar to the Vlahovic links). No bids reported, as far as we know, though.

Edited by Emotic

1 hour ago, 54 said:

What position does Cantwell play? Could be be used as a CM option, or is he more of a CAM?

He looks like a similar type to Willock to me, which makes it all the more strange. I mean if you were getting Coutinho in to upgrade, that would make more sense, otherwise do we really need a player in that position at this moment? 

1 minute ago, Emotic said:

Ramsey, Kamara, Veretout, Bruno Guimares, Cantwell have been linked for midfield. Upfront has had a few too, including Vlahovic (I know), both Ousmane and Moussa Dembele, even Julian Alvarez and Darwin Nunez (latter two extremely tenuous, similar to the Vlahovic links).

Yeah, lots of rumours, but no reports of bids then. Looking like we’re taking care of defence first.

On 11/10/2021 at 18:06, Dr.Spaceman said:

Can't see it personally. We've got no reason to gamble on players in their mid 20's who've had 5 games at this level. I'd like us to sign the likes of Cantwell, Gallagher, McNeil, Barnes etc

Didn't actually think this would happen, but seems like we're going after these types of signings after all. Gallagher will not get a look in at Chelsea imo, should be ditching the Longstaffs and bringing him in at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Didn't actually think this would happen, but seems like we're going after these types of signings after all. Gallagher will not get a look in at Chelsea imo, should be ditching the Longstaffs and bringing him in at the end of the season.

I think Gallagher will get a look in at Chelsea next season, but if he's for sale he should be our number one target.