Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Must be awful being an existing centre back for the club right now, we’re literally being linked with players in that position 90% of the window so far.

We should try and swap Lascelles if we’re doing business with any other PL club. It would be good for him not being in a side where he has responsibilities, his goose is cooked here anyway.

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Must be awful being an existing centre back for the club right now, we’re literally being linked with players in that position 90% of the window so far.

We should try and swap Lascelles if we’re doing business with any other PL club. It would be good for him not being in a side where he has responsibilities, his goose is cooked here anyway.

There's definitely work going on to find clubs for quite a few of our existing players. 

How many staff do you all reckon we have with all these irons in the fire. Watching that Sunderland Netflix documentary makes me imagine two blokes in cubicles just sitting around working the phones, sweating and caving in to outrageous demands on deadline day:lol:

Just now, STM said:

We wouldn't go and sign two 30m defenders would we? Absolutely mental if that happens.:lol:

We actually might, given that Botman and Carlos have drastically different styles of play. We might not sign both, but a “cultured” defender (with a left foot), like Botman, alongside an “all-action” player like Carlos, would be transformative. We’ve been linked with tons of CBs, I’d be surprised if we end the window with just one incoming.

Just now, Emotic said:

We actually might, given that Botman and Carlos have drastically different styles of play. We might not sign both, but a “cultured” defender (with a left foot), like Botman, alongside an “all-action” player like Carlos, would be transformative. We’ve been linked with tons of CBs, I’d be surprised if we end the window with just one incoming.

I think we might get two but more, 1 big money and 1 smaller money.

5 minutes ago, STM said:

We wouldn't go and sign two 30m defenders would we? Absolutely mental if that happens.:lol:

Don't understand why not.  Richest club in the world and no.lomger owned by Ashley.  60mil is about 60p in terms of wealth.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Diop alongside Botman with Trippier & another left-back and we'll stay up comfortably. Good defender, Premier League experience, would help Botman hugely. Could see us selling Schar if we get both.

If Wilson is out for a large part of the remaining season we need goals still. A striker is a must 

3 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

A whole new back four perhaps against Watford? 

Digne..... Carlos..... Botman...... Trippier

Incredible :pedro:

Lascelles will look like a mouse in front of those two.

1 minute ago, Slim said:

Don't understand why not.  Richest club in the world and no.lomger owned by Ashley.  60mil is about 60p in terms of wealth.

Just can't wrap my head around it. It's great but it's Man City/Chelsea levels of investment, which I've been telling myself won't happen. 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

If Wilson is out for a large part of the remaining season we need goals still. A striker is a must 

I don’t have a doubt in my mind that we’re working on at least one striking option. A club that has just made an offer of 30 mil for a centre back won’t be going into the next half season with Dwight Gayle upfront:lol: