Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Cantwell would at least be a player that drives the midfield forward and is good at running with the ball. Our midfield hasnt been a cohesive, functioning attacking unit for a long time and imo that's more about the ability of those in there than anything else. Bar Super Joe its slow, passive and scared most of the time. I think he'd be canny. Not a world beater by any means.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

2 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

I wouldn't even treat Norwich as a rival to go down, if we come below them we come bottom.

Probably, but you never know. We always fucking lose at Carrow Road for starters. :lol:

15 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Is Todd Cantwell any good? Seems he struggles to get a game in a team worse than us. I have no clue on him, so I have no idea. Stupid or shrewd option?

He’s a decent player but those goal celebrations make him one of the most punchable players in the league. Absolute fucking whopper! If he joins, he’ll have to cut that shit out.

16 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Is Todd Cantwell any good? Seems he struggles to get a game in a team worse than us. I have no clue on him, so I have no idea. Stupid or shrewd option?

He was dropped because he fell out with the manager I think, not because he wasn’t performing. Similar situation to Digne. 

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Ramsey rumour gathering pace on twitter (means fuck all obviously)

Whats his injury status this season/currently?

Don't mind as a loan till the end of the season but I'd still want another Centre Mid.

1 minute ago, Klaus said:

Fully fit and fully motivated, yes. Not convinced we will get either. Might be worth a short term loan deal, but that's all.

Think we have a chance with both as wales have 2 huge games coming up and he will want to be tight for them.

Just now, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Not adverse to Ramsey on loan with Juve subsidising his wages, but worried it’ll be a total waste of money to sign him permanently and pay him whatever silly amount he wants.

The worry is less about money, if we buy him and he doesn't work out he will be replaced with better. It's more a worry for me if him coming in blocks another CM coming in that would contribute more. If we get a monster DM and bring Ramsey in too I am all for it. He is worth a gamble and I think he will absolutely be motivated.

Just now, toontownman said:

The worry is less about money, if we buy him and he doesn't work out he will be replaced with better. It's more a worry for me if him coming in blocks another CM coming in that would contribute more. If we get a monster DM and bring Ramsey in too I am all for it. He is worth a gamble and I think he will absolutely be motivated.

My concern with what he’s paid is that he signs a handsome contract and sees it being an easy ride. I’m more sceptical about his level of motivation.

Either Cantwell or Ramsey would only be decent if it’s one of them and they’re the second of two midfielders coming in (with a better one being key).

I don't think Cantwell would particularly improve us and Ramsey is never fit enough to have the impact we need in midfield.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

12 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Not adverse to Ramsey on loan with Juve subsidising his wages, but worried it’ll be a total waste of money to sign him permanently and pay him whatever silly amount he wants.

Barton pls

11 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

My concern with what he’s paid is that he signs a handsome contract and sees it being an easy ride. I’m more sceptical about his level of motivation.

My concern is what a guy on £400k per week might do for team morale tbh. Unity is never more important than when you're in a battle....