Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Just now, r0cafella said:

More likely Fede or Clark leave than Schar imo. 

Schar has value and is running out of contract. They could all leave leave TBH. I'd take the risk on Botman, Carlos, Lascelles, Dummett and Krafth as CB options like.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Don't think we'd have any meaningful takers. We might get £6-10m for Schar still, plus I can't see him staying being two further down the pecking order.

Out of contract in the summer, isn't he?  Can't see us getting much for him now and I feel he would be worth keeping if we can.  Even if we do lose him on a free at the end of the season. 

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Schar has value and is running out of contract. They could all leave leave TBH. I'd take the risk on Botman, Carlos, Lascelles, Dummett and Krafth as CB options like.

Botman, Diop, Lascelles, Schar and Dummett sounds a lot better though. I'd prefer we forgot Krafth existed entirely

Pointless getting rid of Fab imo even if we sign two. It puts us straight back in to on the verge of Clark starting all the time if we have an inkury. Fede is clearly Howe's last choice despite being our clear best/second best along with Schar. 

8 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

I should've just booked all of January off - i'm getting absolutely no work done [emoji38]

Can you remember for the last 8 or 9 years we've been saying how shite the last day of the transfer window is on SSN? Bet we're all watching this time :lol:

8 minutes ago, 54 said:

I think this is a potentially important quote in relation to how quickly Howe will play new signings in, btw. I feel like I remember reading that he didn't often chuck players straight in at Bournemouth; he preferred to work with them a bit first and then would look to ease them in.

Difference here is that we're, on the surface of it, signing players of a better calibre, and we don't really have the time to mess around. Still, I don't think he's going to be chucking in a new striker and CB next weekend, unless they're of ridiculous quality and/or already have PL experience.

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

I think this is a potentially important quote in relation to how quickly Howe will play new signings in, btw. I feel like I remember reading that he didn't often chuck players straight in at Bournemouth; he preferred to work with them a bit first and then would look to ease them in.

Difference here is that we're, on the surface of it, signing players of a better calibre, and we don't really have the time to mess around. Still, I don't think he's going to be chucking in a new striker and CB next weekend, unless they're of ridiculous quality and/or already have PL experience.

This might be the reason he seems to favour players he's worked with in the past - he can integrate them quicker. He's worked with Trippier in the past so imagine he'll know what Eddie expects and will go straight in

3 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

If we have a new centre half (or two) before Watford, and he fields the same old shite - and we lose, there’ll be hell-on

One of Eddie's little weaknesses, IMHO. He has shown that he likes to bed players in progressively. It's the right way to go about things, normally, but not when your options during a relegation battle are Ciaran Clark and Karl Darlow, ffs.

who we ditching to make room in the squad

GK's - gillespie and maybe woodman out on loan again or Darlow away?

defenders - clark, possibly dummett, krafth, maybe fernandez?

Midfielders - hendrick, 

Fowards - Gayle