Transfer rumours

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Cantwell wouldn't improve us at all.

Need to aim higher, as others have said, there's a lot of skint clubs needing to move players out on loan, better targeting high profile clubs, in this situation, eg: Barca etc

His decision making would be a significant upgrade on Almiron's. 

2 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

His decision making would be a significant upgrade on Almiron's. 

Yes, Alimron I can't help but like. But if you compare Almiron in attributes, you just get a modern day Obertan.

I just don't think its sensible to buy, with better options out there, if it's a last resort and squad necessary, then yeah,but I wouldn't even buy him to start, he'd be a squad player.

Guest HTT II

I don’t know much of the player, other than he was rated highly at one point? Maybe a change of scenario and set up and a new club will help him come good again?

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Yes, Alimron I can't help but like. But if you compare Almiron in attributes, you just get a modern day Obertan.

I just don't think its sensible to buy, with better options out there, if it's a last resort and squad necessary, then yeah,but I wouldn't even buy him to start, he'd be a squad player.

I really like Almiron as well but he's frustrating as fuck and he's never going to get any better than he is now.

I'd also be happy to pass on Cantwell. He's decent enough but he just comes across as a proper little prick and I don't think he'd grow on me even if he was our player. Much better options out there, whether they'd come or not who knows

Guest HTT II
Just now, Holmesy said:

I really like Almiron as well but he's frustrating as fuck and he's never going to get any better than he is now.

I'd also be happy to pass on Cantwell. He's decent enough but he just comes across as a proper little prick and I don't think he'd grow on me even if he was our player. Much better options out there, whether they'd come or not who knows

I’ve learned to accept that he’s very very limited and not the player we had hoped we’d signed. 

I think people are getting carried away like. Not every signing is going to be of the same calibre as Trippier.

He isn't a amazing, but Cantwell is a tidy little player and a significant upgrade on anyone we have in the middle of the park.

We'd still need a DM though.

Is he not more of a 10, though? Howe doesn’t really play with a proper number 10, does he? Hasn’t really done it since he’s been here. Which could be due to lack of options. I’m sure I read it was usually more of a supporting striker at Bournemouth. 

Like you say. I just don’t think it really solves any of our midfield problems. We’d have another player that can go forward and carry the ball like Willock, albeit with better vision and passing. We still wouldn’t have anyone to actually win the ball and screen the back 4. 

7 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Vile prejudice against blondes. I’m hearing you don’t think he’s a real man because he has long hair.

I don’t think he’s a real man because he dances like a twat every time he scores a goal

Edited by Holmesy

4 hours ago, PAINFIELD said:

Greetings from Sweden to my peers in Newcastle (or wherever you are)!

Your way of writing slang is entertaining to read, I wish I could get there one day. In Sweden, the school is based on the grammatically correct English - which no one in the whole world seems to use. And to be honest, which very few of us Swedes in the end still seem to master.
Just want to get it said, so you do not think that a strange dude who is shit out of the nobility or the like appears.

Anyway!

Botman and Carlos - yes please!
I think we are doing well with that renewal + Trippier.

Regarding Todd Cantwell, I've always liked him. Do not know why. Maybe not the one we should rely on to do the job, but ..
Aaron Ramsey .. Yes, why not. Always liked him too. But, the injuries make me a little questioning ..
Milinkovic-Savic in Lazio, on the other hand. I want him!
Jonjo, oh Jonjo. I actually like him.
His way of delivering "sandwiches on the lip" (Swedish expression for ... precision, I think), distributing balls, etc., is something few in Newcastle master.
I think with the right player around him, he would be several levels better.

Then I would really like to see Dejan Kulusevski in Newcastle.
I make a daring guess that you have'nt seen many seconds on Sweden's national team, but that guy makes my stomach jump as soon as he gets the ball.
Anything can happen, he is intense, hard to face, hard to take the ball off, gets around and past where the hell he wants and above all, like ASM - unorthodox in his way.
He does not seem to have a place at all in Juventus. Would love to see him in Newcastle!

When it comes to strikers in general:

Alexander Isak - I may be a little biased. But that guy has a psyche of steel. In his mind he is an old man in a young body. Has a calm that few have, reads the game very well and has proven that he can score goals.

Teemu Pukki - A distinct goal scorer that I spit bile on last time. But after returning to the full use of my mind, I would more than like to see him in Newcastle.

Edin Dzeko - No explanation needed here.

Eden Hazard - Same here.

Timo Werner - Does he even play? Would be perfect for us. Let him chill 85% percent of the matches, and when we get the ball he runs like hell. Then he scores. Easy game.

I honestly no longer know what is considered logical or illogical recruits. But here's my "logical" lineup (I assume ASM and Wilson is gone for a while):

Dubravka

Trippier    D.Carlos     S.Botman      Anyone / linesman

Jonjo

D.Van de Beek    Willock

Ramsey / Hazard

Dzeko / Werner / Kulusevski

And, If I may dream a little more!

Dubravka (sees no reason to recruit a goalkeeper)

Trippier    D.Carlos       S.Botman       Digne

Donny, De Jong, Willock

Hazard, Vlahovic / Werner, Kulusevski

Howay The Lads!

A fellow Swede! Welcome! 🇸🇪