Transfer rumours

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Seeing as we've conceded double the goals Burnley as.. defence is deffo our first fix.

Central midfield is a big part of that problem IMO

edit: and with Wilson out we desperately need a striker

Edited by Collage

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I think Gallagher will get a look in at Chelsea next season, but if he's for sale he should be our number one target.

Yes please, I’d tempt Chelsea with a big offer, he will always be in and out of a side like Chelsea you’d feel. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, The Prophet said:

A solid, competent defensive midfielder would go a long way to improving the defence.

Imagine Tiote under someone like Howe man.

5 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Seeing as we've conceded double the goals Burnley as.. defence is deffo our first fix.

Our CBs have undoubtedly been shit but if you've look back at the goals we've conceded, a lot of the trouble has come from the full back areas. Ritchie, Krafth and Manquillo (although i like him) just haven't stopped balls into the box or given any sort of protection at all. Couple that with a pedestrian midfield offering no protection as well and we've been on a hiding to nothing. I'm happy we're targeting CBs but if we went into the rest of the season with no new CBs but new fullbacks on both sides and new CMs i'd still be confident of staying up

Greetings from Sweden to my peers in Newcastle (or wherever you are)!

Your way of writing slang is entertaining to read, I wish I could get there one day. In Sweden, the school is based on the grammatically correct English - which no one in the whole world seems to use. And to be honest, which very few of us Swedes in the end still seem to master.
Just want to get it said, so you do not think that a strange dude who is shit out of the nobility or the like appears.

Anyway!

Botman and Carlos - yes please!
I think we are doing well with that renewal + Trippier.

Regarding Todd Cantwell, I've always liked him. Do not know why. Maybe not the one we should rely on to do the job, but ..
Aaron Ramsey .. Yes, why not. Always liked him too. But, the injuries make me a little questioning ..
Milinkovic-Savic in Lazio, on the other hand. I want him!
Jonjo, oh Jonjo. I actually like him.
His way of delivering "sandwiches on the lip" (Swedish expression for ... precision, I think), distributing balls, etc., is something few in Newcastle master.
I think with the right player around him, he would be several levels better.

Then I would really like to see Dejan Kulusevski in Newcastle.
I make a daring guess that you have'nt seen many seconds on Sweden's national team, but that guy makes my stomach jump as soon as he gets the ball.
Anything can happen, he is intense, hard to face, hard to take the ball off, gets around and past where the hell he wants and above all, like ASM - unorthodox in his way.
He does not seem to have a place at all in Juventus. Would love to see him in Newcastle!

When it comes to strikers in general:

Alexander Isak - I may be a little biased. But that guy has a psyche of steel. In his mind he is an old man in a young body. Has a calm that few have, reads the game very well and has proven that he can score goals.

Teemu Pukki - A distinct goal scorer that I spit bile on last time. But after returning to the full use of my mind, I would more than like to see him in Newcastle.

Edin Dzeko - No explanation needed here.

Eden Hazard - Same here.

Timo Werner - Does he even play? Would be perfect for us. Let him chill 85% percent of the matches, and when we get the ball he runs like hell. Then he scores. Easy game.

I honestly no longer know what is considered logical or illogical recruits. But here's my "logical" lineup (I assume ASM and Wilson is gone for a while):

Dubravka

Trippier    D.Carlos     S.Botman      Anyone / linesman

Jonjo

D.Van de Beek    Willock

Ramsey / Hazard

Dzeko / Werner / Kulusevski

And, If I may dream a little more!

Dubravka (sees no reason to recruit a goalkeeper)

Trippier    D.Carlos       S.Botman       Digne

Donny, De Jong, Willock

Hazard, Vlahovic / Werner, Kulusevski

Howay The Lads!

12 minutes ago, Collage said:

Central midfield is a big part of that problem IMO

edit: and with Wilson out we desperately need a striker

Oh definitely..won't be surprised if our first 3 signings are defender tho.

Edited by Gaztoon

4 minutes ago, PAINFIELD said:

Your way of writing slang is entertaining to read, I wish I could get there one day. In Sweden, the school is based on the grammatically correct English - which no one in the whole world seems to use. And to be honest, which very few of us Swedes in the end still seem to master.
Just want to get it said, so you do not think that a strange dude who is shit out of the nobility or the like appears.

Anyway!

Regarding Todd Cantwell, I've always liked him. Do not know why. Maybe not the one we should rely on to do the job, but ..
Aaron Ramsey .. Yes, why not. Always liked him too. But, the injuries make me a little questioning ..
His way of delivering "sandwiches on the lip" (Swedish expression for ... precision, I think), distributing balls, etc., is something few in Newcastle master.

I make a daring guess that you have'nt seen many seconds on Sweden's national team, but that guy makes my stomach jump as soon as he gets the ball.
Anything can happen, he is intense, hard to face, hard to take the ball off, gets around and past where the hell he wants and above all, like ASM - unorthodox in his way.
He does not seem to have a place at all in Juventus. Would love to see him in Newcastle!

Alexander Isak - I may be a little biased. But that guy has a psyche of steel. In his mind he is an old man in a young body. Has a calm that few have, reads the game very well and has proven that he can score goals.

Teemu Pukki - A distinct goal scorer that I spit bile on last time. But after returning to the full use of my mind, I would more than like to see him in Newcastle.

Eden Hazard - Same here.

Timo Werner - Does he even play? Would be perfect for us. Let him chill 85% percent of the matches, and when we get the ball he runs like hell. Then he scores. Easy game.

I honestly no longer know what is considered logical or illogical recruits. But here's my "logical" lineup (I assume ASM and Wilson is gone for a while):

Dubravka

Jonjo

D.Van de Beek    Willock

Ramsey / Hazard

Donny, De Jong, Willock

Howay The Lads!

Welcome PAINFIELD, great to have you on board mate. It's going to be some ride

6 minutes ago, PAINFIELD said:

Anyway!

Eden Hazard - Same here.

Dubravka

Jonjo

D.Van de Beek    Willock

Ramsey / Hazard

Donny, De Jong, Willock

Howay The Lads!

As long as you're happy that's the main thing.

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Delivering sandwiches on the lip is possibly the best saying I have ever heard :lol: 

Lol. A common thing to say related to sport in Sweden. "Deliver right on time to the exact address without the recipient having to lift a finger", felt a little over-explained. It was harder than I thought to translate it. ;D

4 minutes ago, lxsln said:

What part of Sweden says "Mackor på läppen"?

Never heard that expression. I've heard "macka" for a pass and "på läppen" för a pin point pass but never both of them together 🤔

5 minutes ago, lxsln said:

What part of Sweden says "Mackor på läppen"?

Dunno if you're a Swede. But my old dad, who's born and raised in Stockholm from the early 50's sometimes says "Han langa iväg en macka som satt rätt på läppen" - TRANSLATED -"He tossed away a sandwich that sat right on his lip".

9 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Welcome PAINFIELD, great to have you on board mate. It's going to be some ride

Thanks mate! Looking forward to it. Have been looking forward to it since early 90's... so, about time i guess.

2 hours ago, xLiaaamx said:

Pointless getting rid of Fab imo even if we sign two. It puts us straight back in to on the verge of Clark starting all the time if we have an inkury. Fede is clearly Howe's last choice despite being our clear best/second best along with Schar. 

Yeah. Keep him 'til the end of the season. If he wants to leave on a free, then let him do so.