Newcastle United 0 - 3 Chelsea (30/10/21)

Disco

37 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

I'm beginning to wonder if relegation is a real possibility in terms of the rebuild and getting rid of the rot that has infested the club. It needs fumigating everywhere.

Gonna be a helluva job for whoever comes in, because most of these players have given up.

I'd rather we stay up personally. I think it would be better to open a few of their eyes in January when we start shipping their asses out to Championship sides. The rest will buck up.

10 minutes ago, huss9 said:

no but i would rather have had a go at 0-1 down and then lost 0-3 rather than just contiuing to sit back and play a back 5 and a disabled LWB who cant run defend or cross any more.

the stupid farce over the subs - fuck me.

jones man, go back to coaching strikers.

There was only ever one plan, even at 1-0 down there was no urgency to play or win the ball, tactically restricted and the current crop of players don’t have the ability to do anything different (with the exception of 2/3). 

Personally I think the loss was inevitable, trying to contain Chelsea/minimise the damage was the plan. 

Just now, huss9 said:

yes but we still lost 0-3.

would have been more bearable if we'd at least tried to have a go. might have lost 4 or 5 but it would still have been no worse than what happened today.

I’m not defending it by the way, just saying how I seen it. 
Its about perspective IMO, I’d prefer it the way it was rather than watching us getting smashed 7 nil like Norwich, if we’d have opened up, they’d have ripped us to bits at a canter. 
I don’t like it, but come the end of the season the GD may be needed. 

3 minutes ago, huss9 said:

yes but we still lost 0-3.

would have been more bearable if we'd at least tried to have a go. might have lost 4 or 5 but it would still have been no worse than what happened today.

Yep.

And the benefit to having a go is that although you don't change the result against Chelsea, you do get practice in having some possession and moving the ball round which stands you in good stead for playing the beatable times.

2 minutes ago, PCW1983 said:

I’m not defending it by the way, just saying how I seen it. 
Its about perspective IMO, I’d prefer it the way it was rather than watching us getting smashed 7 nil like Norwich, if we’d have opened up, they’d have ripped us to bits at a canter. 
I don’t like it, but come the end of the season the GD may be needed. 

When you are playing a defensive game, then your players have to pressure the opposition, or they have the run of the field with open spaces all over the pitch to pick out players. Against top quality opposition they will pick you off eventually. We didn't even have any plan going forward on the counter. The entire game we were passing the ball back to Darlow, who then just kicked it upfield with no direction, giving the ball back to Chelsea to come forward unchallenged again time after time. 

jones played our worst centre half and a fullback as part of a 3 man centre back team and left 2 better ones on the bench.

left our best keeper on the bench.

left our 2 best midfielders on the bench.

left our only LB on the bench.

it didnt work last team against a worse team. lets try it again!

25 minutes ago, huss9 said:

jones played our worst centre half and a fullback as part of a 3 man centre back team and left 2 better ones on the bench.

left our best keeper on the bench.

left our 2 best midfielders on the bench.

left our only LB on the bench.

it didnt work last team against a worse team. lets try it again!

he’s utterly out of his depth , makes Bruce half ……..nah 

Lots of hysteria over a totally expected result. Chelsea are massively superior from the management to the players on the pitch.

The lineup was concerning and goes to show Jones might be a tidy coach, but he can't afford too many more games as manager, but we already knew that.

We've just seen the result of 4 years of neglect since we were promoted. A lot of players aren't good enough, but we're poorly coached too. Benitez had us well coached and we reaped the benefits. Jones isn't the answer. 

We need a new manager for Brighton to even stand a chance of getting a positive result. Fuck off making shortlists and doing interviews. Getting it done or we're increasing the chances of us going down by the day.

There is a lot of shit posted in here obviously by people who haven't watched us play for the last couple of seasons. If they had they were stop talking about picking our better players as if Almiron, Lewis, Schar, Fernandez, Willock, joe fucking Linton are better than who we have starting. They aren't. We have one good player Wilson, and one who might be good ASM if he could be arsed.

Just now, Away Toon said:

There is a lot of shit posted in here obviously by people who haven't watched us play for the last couple of seasons. If they had they were stop talking about picking our better players as if Almiron, Lewis, Schar, Fernandez, Willock, joe fucking Linton are better than who we have starting. They aren't. We have one good player Wilson, and one who might be good ASM if he could be arsed.

I mean, that’s just not true IMO. Nobody is saying these players are world beaters, but they’re better options to the ones we’re picking. That’s all we can do, give yourselves the best chance. 

Almiron runs around a lot, no end product at all. Schar cant defend and completely undisciplined. Fernandez old and slow. Willock, have you seen him play this season? Lewis fuck knoiws what's wrong with him and Joe Linton well nobody'd defending him I hope. That's the reality.

8 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

That's just bollocks like. Schar and Fernandez are much, much better than Krafth and Clark. Statistically we're also a better attacking unit with Almiron in the side. The jury is out on Lewis and Willock.

14 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Almiron runs around a lot, no end product at all. Schar cant defend and completely undisciplined. Fernandez old and slow. Willock, have you seen him play this season? Lewis fuck knoiws what's wrong with him and Joe Linton well nobody'd defending him I hope. That's the reality.

Strange take