The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

We’ll pick up more points along the way. Our home form is incredible, howe has done a great job and Bruno looks real quality. Trippier hopefully back soon and Wilson maybe back for a couple of games.

2 hours ago, TBG said:

Honestly Burnley are a dark horse for a Europa Conference League spot.

Had Leeds down for 16points and they're two ahead of where I had them.

Obviously football always goes with logic though and there's never a team getting a bunch of wins at the tail end of the season or anything.

I get the fact that Burnley seem to have the bit between their teeth but them transforming from one of the worst sides in the league into Europa League form for the last 10 games is unbelievably unlikely. From struggling to pick up a point a game to averaging about 1.8ish a game simply isn't going to happen, they're shit and at the bottom for very good reasons. I can accept they could well play a bit better and improve but not to the extent that some are suggesting. 

We're not safe yet but we still have 21 points left to play for ourselves. Even a paltry 4 or 5 from 21 would almost certainly be enough. The numbers are massively in our favour and we're in a position every single one of us would have gladly accepted on Boxing Day. 

We’re 3 points away from 9th ffs :lol: Some people need to put down the bleach.

Everton beat a very, very poor team today - but they’ll not get more than 3 points from their next four games. 

Edited by Fantail Breeze

I still think another 3 points and we’ll be safe. We are possibly safe already.

We have home games against Leicester (who are nowhere near the same Leicester over the last 7 seasons or so, and will be tired after playing 2 games before they play us) and Palace, who will likely be heading towards their end of season holiday mode.

On top of that we will have an away game against Norwich who even for them, have been fucking shit this season.

2-3 points out of our home games would be fairly acceptable and a decent target, and we should be aiming for 3 points against Norwich.

There is also the off chance that we could pinch a point or so from the games against Arsenal, Man City, and Liverpool. Arsenal can blow cold at times, and one of Man City or Liverpool will have to drop points in the title race. There is no reason that we can’t be the team where they do and the title is decided.

If all else fails, we would still likely have the opportunity to do it ourselves on the last day, although no one wants for us to have to rely on that.

Edited by Stifler

I thought Friday night earned us the right not to worry too much about how other teams are doing. Our defeat to Everton was very disappointing and then we got totally humbled by a Spurs team who are looking lethal at the moment; but the Wolves game proved that the wheels have far from fallen off. We're still a competent team with a strong mentality that is well-drilled and capable of winning matches. There's at least four games left where you'd expect us to collect points.