The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Had a bet on to finish in the top half. After the Tottenham game the cash-out plummeted so I took it. Look like a damn fool now. :lol:

We've got Liverpool arsenal and City on the spin. We won't finish top half but it's nice to believe eh! 

Guest reefatoon
25 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Who's going to do the Lord's work and dig out all the posts from fannies in December/January when we were already relegated.

[emoji38] Don’t think you can call anyone a fanny for saying we looked relegated in December or January like. We had no wins! [emoji38]

Edited by reefatoon

Miracle  ingredients:

owners who care

smattering of quality new players

a forward thinking, modern manager

coaches who can coach 

remove 1 cabbage. 

5 minutes ago, The Bard of Byker said:

Could someone do the maths, please?

It would be nice to work out if everyone below us could still get above us, God I'm paranoid 

9 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

[emoji38] Don’t think you can call anyone a fanny for saying we look relegated in December or January like. We had no wins! [emoji38]

I'm talking about the fannies that were saying we *were* relegated (insistent that "we're down" etc). Obviously it looked likely, but there was always a reasonable chance we'd manage to close the 5 point gap or whatever it was at its worst when Howe had more time and we made Jan signings - even if it meant pipping it by a point on the last day. Was always on the cards that a couple of wins could really change things - the thread was mental around then. Not that I expected it to go this well.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

18 minutes ago, Pata said:

February, March and April too. People were worried we might not get another point three games/9 points ago. :lol:

Remember just before the Leeds away game the fannies had us getting stuffed 4 nowt and relegation a certainty.  I gave them loads of grief after that result.

For the record, in December I predicted at least 5 teams would finish beneath us.  I'm hopeless at digging out my history.

Guest reefatoon

You’re not hopeless at blowing your own trumpet though. 

Edited by reefatoon

59 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I'm talking about the fannies that were saying we *were* relegated (insistent that "we're down" etc). Obviously it looked likely, but there was always a reasonable chance we'd manage to close the 5 point gap or whatever it was at its worst when Howe had more time and we made Jan signings - even if it meant pipping it by a point on the last day. Was always on the cards that a couple of wins could really change things - the thread was mental around then. Not that I expected it to go this well.

In all fairness Howe had been a little while and things were not quite clicking and the squad overall looked like it needed totally replacing with some players looking like they were done.

Howe’s philosophy has gradually ingrained itself into the team. The players written off are fighting. The new singings clicked (well most of them).

Let’s not forget that in January, we lost at home to what is an average League One team. Of course people think the damage by Bruce and Ashley was too far gone to save us this season.

Edited by Stifler

2 hours ago, OoOGazOoO said:

I have literally just had to remind myself of where we were when Bruce left & Howe arrived. Man alive, what a turnaround. It actually is phenomenal.

image.thumb.png.970ce741508c9639278b42a2e00cbc66.png

Will people stop giving the slimy slob credit for 5 points. he got 3 from 8. 2 of those were from the 3 games we had Jones in charge.

Southampton wolves and villa at home and Watford away burnleys next 4 games.

Everton got Liverpool away Chelsea home Leicester away

Gotta chance to go above them this weekend if they get 2 wins...