The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

West Ham squeeky bum time. 

Game in hand but they still have Man City, Man Utd and Brentford. Then two huge games against Leeds and Leicester as well as still playing in the semi finals of Europe. 

They play Leeds just 3 days after their second leg! 

West Ham probably just need 1 more point, if any at all, given their goal difference. If they did get 1 point then Everton would need 7 from 4 games, Forest 6 and Leeds 6 from 4, and even Leicester 4 from 4, and while the latter could happen, it's hard to see 2 of the former 3 reaching those targets with the games they have left. If there's a surprise win or two in the next couple of games like Everton beating Brighton or Man City, Leeds beating Man City or us, or even Forest beating Chelsea then they may sweat a bit if they lost their next 2, but they are a model 33/1 for a reason, despite on paper not looking massively secure.

What a crazy fucking season.

Can't remember one in the last few years with such involved scenarios, usually it's just "well, they're fucked" at this point.

Once again, very happy to not be involved.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Who would we be potentially looking to pick up the various relegated sides then:

Leicester - Maddion, Barnes

Leeds - Adams, Gnonto

Forest - Johnson

Everton - Onana

Southampton - Salisu, Lavia

Harrison from Leeds?

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Who would we be potentially looking to pick up the various relegated sides then:

Leicester - Maddison

Leeds - No-one

Forest - No-one

Everton - No-one

Southampton - Lavia

Edited by Skeletor

If Allardyce comes in for Leeds there is every chance they could skank a win at home to Spurs on the final day or grab a a point away at West Ham, end of season results are inconsistent enough without the new manager factor. They really rolled the dice with him but who knows, it could as easily pay off as fail at this point in this season.. it was worth the shot imo. 

And don’t get me wrong, Allardyces style has always been depressing (if not effective). But Leeds have been so shit for the last 2 months there really is nothing to lose at this point. 

Edited by Nine

Their problem is that they had no replacement lined up for Marsch. You're now asking players who've been bought and coached to play a high intensity press for three or so years to execute a more passive, structure style of football. They're going down.

31 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Their problem is that they had no replacement lined up for Marsch. You're now asking players who've been bought and coached to play a high intensity press for three or so years to execute a more passive, structure style of football. They're going down.

You’re right, but their high press has not been working for some time. Their players are burning themselves out for no return, and a passive style is easier to execute than an intensive press. But they don’t have the time to implement a new style anyway, I expect Allardyce will try and find a happy medium between what they already know and what he would like without changing to much. Oh and then getting his pay off.

9 hours ago, maze said:

Harrison from Leeds?

One of the most Overrated players in the league. Stat wankers love him and make out he’s great but he’s about the level of Fraser at best. 

4 hours ago, Ace said:

One of the most Overrated players in the league. Stat wankers love him and make out he’s great but he’s about the level of Fraser at best. 

Been very impressed every time I’ve seen him, which admittedly isn’t that many times in detail. Definitely seemed a level above anyone else playing for Leeds. 

14 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Leicester - Maddion, Barnes

Leeds - Adams, Gnonto

Forest - Johnson

Everton - Onana

Southampton - Salisu, Lavia

Would look at (but not necessarily sign) Livramento, KWP, Edozie, Sinisterra, DLC, Harrison

Edited by The College Dropout

5 hours ago, Ace said:

Tosh. Fraser is going to the Championship and I expect Harrison to stay in the PL.

Harrison's output is pretty consistent. 20 goals, 16 assists in the PL over the last 3 seasons.

Now we have Gordon, I don't think there's a need for him though. I think Harrison is a level above Gordon (now) but not at the level we need.

If Leeds get relegated seeing if it's possible to get Gnonto for a reasonable price wouldn't be the worst idea. If he isn't deemed ready to be featuring in a fair amount of games for us, it would be easy to find a loan for him, possibly even in the PL to f.ex Burnley. Only 19. Crazy potential imo.

Never thought I’d say this but other than against us I hope Allardyce keeps Leeds up. Simply because I want the Scouse Mackems down. Would rather spend a night listening to an Everton Twitter Space following their relegation than win the lottery. 

17 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Never thought I’d say this but other than against us I hope Allardyce keeps Leeds up. Simply because I want the Scouse Mackems down. Would rather spend a night listening to an Everton Twitter Space following their relegation than win the lottery. 

There is a world where both can go down

Out of the bottom 5 would like Forest and Leeds to stay up. Leicester in place of Leeds at a push. 

Southampton, Everton and Leicester/Leeds for me.

Forest deserve another go at it - with a more settled team. 

Plus I think Rafa might be the next one in the door there, and it's a good club for him to get back to their glory days, there's decent history and ambition there.