The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Burnley are an absolute nightmare to breakdown, they rarely lose by more than the odd goal. 

I hope GWN is right though.

I mean, they're bottom of the table so they can't be that hard to breakdown. [emoji38]

Said it before but there's so much shit that can happen that I wouldn't worry about individual teams (although it would be nice to see 3 teams freefall). I think Villa have too much quality but anyone from Palace downwards could feasibly be relegated. Ultimately though yhere is points threshold of around the mid 30s mark which will almost certainly see us safe, and recent results and performances are on our side to hit it.

If we get a point the bottom 3s fixtures could easily mean we get another point clear of 18th, going to be a difficult game for us without Trippier and against a good side so a point would be a great result overall

10 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Burnley are an absolute nightmare to breakdown, they rarely lose by more than the odd goal. 

I hope GWN is right though.

Only seven have conceded fewer than Burnley, but Brighton are one of them. Brighton have scored the joint-5th least (same as us), Burnley the second least. 

Brighton have drawn the most games in the league. Burnley the joint-second most draws.

Can see a draw....

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

To clarify that's:

10/03 - Southampton (a)

13/03 - Chelsea (a)

17/03 - Everton (a)

19/03 - Palace (h) (could be moved if Palace progress in the FA Cup)

Only 1 home game in the next 6 matches for us, then. Need to be as solid away as we are at home, only Man City have won at SJP in the last 8 games there.

If Palace beat Stoke in the FA Cup, we'll have 1 home game between now and 8th April.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, Ronson333 said:

Just noticed five our next six games are away from home.

Seems like we’ve had a shitload of home games since Howe came in, so was always going to have to level its self out.

Think since our away match at Anfield, we’ve had 1 away game and 5 home.

Hopefully we can pick up a couple of wins. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

This is it. Decent defence, but utter gash going forward.

They should be able to get some points in the next two weeks, could probably define the season based on results. I'd imagine they could get 3-6 points out of these. We play three games in the same time period (West Ham a, Brentford a, Brighton h) and just need to match their points - I feel like we should get 3-6 also.

Brighton (a)

Tottenham (h)

Palace (a)

Leicester (h)

Chelsea (h)

13 minutes ago, robbo_11 said:

They should be able to get some points in the next two weeks, could probably define the season based on results. I'd imagine they could get 3-6 points out of these. We play three games in the same time period (West Ham a, Brentford a, Brighton h) and just need to match their points - I feel like we should get 3-6 also.

Brighton (a)

Tottenham (h)

Palace (a)

Leicester (h)

Chelsea (h)

Normally I would say they would get maybe one or two points out of that total, however Spurs and Leicester are not in great form at the moment, so you maybe right

A lot can still happen but we are by far the best placed.

A purple patch for any of the other three teams could happen as mid-table opposition enters beach mode and/or pile up the injuries like Leeds, but the net result will be to drag other teams into it. Its only been a four-team league due to terrible half seasons by the four teams, not great form from everyone else.

I’m going to completely contradict what I said previously as I thought the only thing we were susceptible to was an injury crisis. Arguably our 3 best players are out and I don’t think we look like a side going down. We’re too good now, we look like an actual football team.

I’m at a 1.