The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Until today I have never really considered Leicester as serious relegation contenders, but that’s a really awful result today at home. Fear for them, although selfishly if it helps reduce the Maddison fee I’m all for it

I'll be sorry to see Leicester relegated, but it looks highly likely now. There are some similarities to our 2008-09 relegation season; plummeting like a stone, little in the way of character or leadership, too many players half-arsed, a club with little cohesion and direction that has failed to plan ahead.

I'll be sorry to see them go largely because Leicester's 2016 PL success was truly beautiful; it gave real hope of ultimate success to all underdogs, a perennial yoyo club winning the greatest prize against all the odds. 

4 hours ago, NWMag said:

Until today I have never really considered Leicester as serious relegation contenders, but that’s a really awful result today at home. Fear for them, although selfishly if it helps reduce the Maddison fee I’m all for it

I've watched them a lot recently, they are absolutely dreadful. Almost as tragic as Forest and Southampton. Those are the 3 that'll go now imo.

4 hours ago, NWMag said:

I reckon that dogshit pass which cost them knocked £5m off the asking price

Why bother with a weak, slow, lazy relegation contender midfielder. He's the typical tailwind player. Looks good when his team is in the flow. Does nothing to help drag his team out of a difficult situation. Don't see the point in spending 30/40/50m on someone that helps us win 3-0 instead of 2-0. Rather want a midfielder who can help us turn a defeat or draw into a win.

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Why bother with a weak, slow, lazy relegation contender midfielder. He's the typical tailwind player. Looks good when his team is in the flow. Does nothing to help drag his team out of a difficult situation. Don't see the point in spending 30/40/50m on someone that helps us win 3-0 instead of 2-0. Rather want a midfielder who can help us turn a defeat or draw into a win.

We see time and again players whose performances suffer in a terrible team with no direction. 

11 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

We got £30m for Sissoko alone and things have got crazier since then.  (Spurs to the rescue.)

Sissoko didn’t have one year left on his contract though. 

Literally can’t think of anyone who’s gone for that much with only a year left. Granted Kane will (and plenty more) if he goes this summer, but you’d be looking at £150m for him if he had longer.

Thought it would be wolves considering they can't score,yesterday's result was huge. Hope it the Scouse mackems 

Without tunchels point, Chelsea would be in the battle ?

Edited by astraguy

11 minutes ago, jack j said:

Jesse Marsch looks like getting the job

So aye agree

See I think he’ll inject some life into them and it’ll be enough. For their shitness they’re only 3 points from safety and their GD isn’t bad. Next game is Man City away mind, not really ideal for starting as you mean to go on. 

18 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

See I think he’ll inject some life into them and it’ll be enough. For their shitness they’re only 3 points from safety and their GD isn’t bad. Next game is Man City away mind, not really ideal for starting as you mean to go on. 

Wolves leeds and Everton for them after man city. Think we will know after them 3 if they've gotta chance or not

Bournemouth keep surprising me like. Keep thinking they are nailed onto go down then they pick up a win

On 02/04/2023 at 13:31, astraguy said:

Crystal Palace  (12th,30 pts)

Still to play:  9 Apr Leeds (a), 15 Apr Southampton (a), 22 Apr Everton (h), 25 Apr Wolves (a), 29 Apr West Ham (h), 6 May Tottenham (a), 13 May Bournemouth (h), 20 May Fulham (a), 28 May Nottingham Forest (h)

Wolves (12th, 31pts)
Still to play: 8 Apr Chelsea (h)(w), 15 Apr Brentford (h), 22 Apr Leicester (a), 25 Apr Crystal Palace (h), 29 Apr Brighton (a), 6 May Aston Villa (h), 13 May Manchester United (a), 20 May Everton (h), 28 May Arsenal (a)

Leeds United (16th, 29pts)
Still to play:4 Apr Nottingham Forest (h)(w), 9 Apr Crystal Palace (h), 17 Apr Liverpool (h), 22 Apr Fulham (a), 25 Apr Leicester (h), 30 Apr Bournemouth (a), 7 May Manchester City (a), 13 May Newcastle (h), 20 May West Ham (a), 28 May Tottenham (h)

Scouse Mackems( Everton)(17th, 27pts)
Still to play: 3 Apr Tottenham (h)(d), 8 Apr Manchester United (a)(L), 15 Apr Fulham (h), 22 Apr Crystal Palace (a), 27 Apr Newcastle (h), 1 May Leicester (a), 6 May Brighton (a), 13 May Manchester City (h), 20 May Wolves (a), 28 May Bournemouth (h)

Nottingham Forest (18th, 27pts)
Still to play: 4 Apr Leeds (a)(L), 8 Apr Aston Villa (a)(L), 16 Apr Manchester United (h), 22 Apr Liverpool (a), 26 Apr Brighton (h), 29 Apr Brentford (a), 8 May Southampton (h), 13 May Chelsea (a), 20 May Arsenal (h), 28 May Crystal Palace (a)

Leicester City (19th, 25pts)
Still to play: 4 Apr Aston Villa (h)(L), 8 Apr Bournemouth (h)(L), 15 Apr Manchester City (a), 22 Apr Wolves (h), 25 Apr Leeds (a), 1 May Everton (h), 6 May Fulham (a), 13 May Liverpool (h), 20 May Newcastle (a), 28 May West Ham (h)

West Ham United (13th, 30pts)
Still to play: 2 Apr Southampton (h)(w), 5 Apr Newcastle (h)(L), 8 Apr Fulham (a)(w), 16 Apr Arsenal (h), 23 Apr Bournemouth (a), 26 Apr Liverpool (h), 29 Apr Crystal Palace (a), 3 May Manchester City (a), 7 May Manchester United (h), 13 May Brentford (a), 20 May Leeds (h), 28 May Leicester (a)

Bournemouth (15th, 30pts)
Still to play:  4 Apr Brighton (h)(L), 8 Apr Leicester (a)(L), 15 Apr Tottenham (a), 23 Apr West Ham (h), 27 Apr Southampton (a), 30 Apr Leeds (h), 6 May Chelsea (h), 13 May Crystal Palace (a), 20 May Manchester United (h), 28 May Everton (a)

Southampton (20th, 23pts)
Still to play: 2 Apr West Ham (a)(L), 8 Apr Manchester City (h)(L), 15 Apr Crystal Palace (h), 21 Apr Arsenal (a), 27 Apr Bournemouth (h), 30 Apr Newcastle (a), 8 May Nottingham Forest (a), 13 May Fulham (h), 20 May Brighton (a), 28 May Liverpool (h

updated

2 hours ago, jack j said:

Wolves leeds and Everton for them after man city. Think we will know after them 3 if they've gotta chance or not

Bournemouth keep surprising me like. Keep thinking they are nailed onto go down then they pick up a win

Aye same - wrote them off a few times. They play some decent football in fairness to them but just don’t finish games off. They’ve chucked some decent leads away this season too, Spurs and Arsenal spring to mind immediately. 

On 09/04/2023 at 09:39, SteV said:

Sissoko didn’t have one year left on his contract though. 

Literally can’t think of anyone who’s gone for that much with only a year left. Granted Kane will (and plenty more) if he goes this summer, but you’d be looking at £150m for him if he had longer.

Hazard went for £80m with 1 year left.

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Hazard went for £80m with 1 year left.

Did he? Fair enough. Although he was probably in the top 5 players in the world at that point.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

With the contract situation and relegation Maddison can't go for anymore than £40m man.

If he goes for that price, bigger fish will be circling I think